Recent content by RGuyler

1. R

Brocade VDX 6740

I just bought a pair of VDX 6720s with the port on-demand license so they have all 24 ports active. One came fully populated with 10Gb SR optics too so that saved a ton. The firmware is way off between the two however (fohdeesha just PM'd you) so working on getting that resolved. I also...
  2. R

Another flashing H310 problem...

It sounds like I'm on the path to resolution. Once again, I appreciate all of the suggestions and input!
  3. R

Rand_, I followed your advice and looks like I'm making progress so thanks for that! My question now is...is not having a SAS address going to present a problem? If yes, can I just use sas2flsh to write a made-up address to it or is there a better to do this...
  4. R

Okay, I tried using sas2flash P13 and P14 and both gave the same results. When I ran "sas2flsh -o -list" the first time here is what it told me: LSI Corporation SAS2 Flash Utility Version 13.00.00.00 (2012.02.17) Copyright (c) 2008-2012 LSI Corporation. All rights reserved Advanced Mode...
  5. R

Thanks to the both of you for the replies. Terry, I don't recall seeing the HBA post and give me the configuration option so maybe that's a sign that it does have IT FW on it already? I'll double-check to confirm as I haven't been paying attention until the USB was booted. nthu9280, you may...
  6. R

Hi all. I have a pair of H310s I am trying to flash to IT mode to install in a pair of HP DL380 G8s for Storage Spaces Direct. I was able to flash the first HBA using the well-documented process that's all over the place these days (it's how I found this site :) ). The second...
  7. R

Consumer SDD in a DL380 Gen8 w/ P420i Controller?

I have a pair of DL380 G8s that have SM953 NVMEs installed. I used NVME to avoid this very issue with the P420i. Funny enough the P420i can still "see" the drives in the configuration tool (GUI version) and report on their write life, even thought they aren't connected. The one strange issue...