Recent content by Requiescat

1. R

MD1220 Only recognizing 5 drives.

This was very helpful, thank you. Upon checking. I do have 12 drives visible (dev/sg1 - /dev/sg12) by "sg_map -i" and also the enclosure it self as /dev/sg13
  2. R

Back on my Linux machine now, and 12 drives are visible. Now we're getting somewhere. This is leading me to believe that there is something causing the enclosure to enter split mode, even though it's not set to be in split mode. Anyone have a way to check the enclosure configuration on a Linux...
  3. R

I took one of the MD1220s over to my windows PC and connected it via HBA card. Plugged in all 20 drives, turned on the MD1220, waited 5 minutes, then turned on my windows PC. Upon loading disk partition I can see drives 12 drives, implying that the unit is in split mode. It is not. I then...
  4. R

I will try and get one of the units over to a different PC and see what happens. For sanity, I switched the MD1220 to split mode and connected both controllers, to my surprise no drives appeared.
  5. R

I have received my new HBA card and now 10/20 drives are appearing. A step in the right direction but still stumping me. I'm certain that the enclosure is in unified mode, so now I'm back to square one basically.
  6. R

As I understand it, the SAS interface and expansion cards shouldn't have any issue with SATA drives. It's all up to the HBA card rather. Also, anecdotaly, my friend has a MD1220 and is using SATA drives as well, but has a Dell PERC card rather than a generic HBA.
  7. R

I contacted the ebay seller I purchased the card from and they sent me a new one for free. Will update if this worked when I receive it. I did not try with just the first controller installed, however I am only connecting to the first controller. I plan to daisy chain 4 units per port on my...
  8. R

I'll try using two cables to see if there's some dual controller nonsense. As far as the firmware on the shelf, how might I go about updating that? I have the password reset cable already
  9. R

Hey all. I'm trying to fill my MD1220 but it will only recognize at most 5 drives. I have done the following: Confirm all drives function individually Confirm all 24 bays recognize a drive when used individually Confirm that the enclosure is not the issue (I have 25x MD1220s and have tested 3...
  10. R

Fun with an MD1200/MD1220 & SC200/SC220

I've found myself in the surprising situation of owning 25 (yes 25 individual units) MD1220s and want to know if there's a way to send the _shutup command to the topmost (of 8 daisy chained) MD1220s and have the command flow through or will I have to send the command to every primary controller...