Recent content by Remko

1. R

Supermicro Xeon D / FCBGA 1667 Heatsink information

Passive. Just exactly as in your link/opening post. Nicely done: impressed!
  2. R

Supermicro Xeon D / FCBGA 1667 Heatsink information

My temperatures are way to high in my 1U SuperChassis 505-203B with 3x fans in the back of the chassis. Even a D-1528 is on average 74 degrees celsius (165 Fahrenheit). Does the CoolJag BUF-B2 fit inside this SuperChassis 505-203B? If so, where can I buy them? I namely need 12 of them. Located...
  3. R

Ubiquiti Beta UniFi AC HD USD$174

See also the message of UBNT-Brandon on the Ubiquiti Networks Community forum @ New UniFi AP HD, 2.5 gig performance - Page 5 - Ubiquiti Networks Community In summary: So when will greater than Gigabit Ethernet really matter for the enterprise? Somewhere around two to three 4x4 MU-MIMO 80MHz...
  4. R

So I just ordered 3 of them via my own Dutch cc. I'm using shipito. Very pleased so far. Thanks for pointing that out! Luckily I'm not using the 2.4 GHz for myself or the rest of my use cases (IoT/Array of Things). 2.4 GHz is only meant for my occasional customers/backwards compatibility...
  5. R

Bedankt! / Thanks!
  6. R

The new anticipated Unify AC HD, what a pity that I live in Europe .... someone wants to sent three to the Netherlands for an additional fee of course?
  7. R

Intel Xeon D-1500 Series Discussion

Confirmed working! Take extra extra care of the exact SKU code while ordering/after receiving. Double check it. My experience so far is that the suppliers will make mistakes with the SKU codes. - Samsung M393A4K40BB0-CPB (32GB / RDIMM / DDR4 / 2133-2400 GHz) - Samsung M393A2G40DB0-CPB (16GB /...
  8. R

Use the MSI TURBO U.2 HOST CARD in combination with i.e. Intel 750 SSD 2,5" PCIe 3.0 x4 (notice the 2.5" form factor). Intel has an U.2 adapter cable supplied with any of the 2.5" SSDs. Optional: (Sure)Use the Supermicro AOC-SLG3-2E4 (bifurcate the PCIe slot into to two U.2 slots) in...
  9. R

SR-IOV for 10GbE is now available for the first wave of the Intel Xeon D-1540 (Supermicro X10SDV-TLN4F) with Bios R1.1!! So happy :D See more @ TinkerTry IT - Upgrade Supermicro Xeon D-1540/1541 from BIOS 1.0b/1.0c to 1.1 for identical features, including SR-IOV for 10GbE!
  10. R

OpenStack based on Intel Xeon D-15xx SoCs

As VXLAN top-of-rack (TOR) switches are incredibly expensive (>>8000 dollars or euros), here is a small list of VLAN switches. Note: RJ45 == 10GBase-T 24-port 10GbE VLAN L2+ switches (around 3500-4000 dollars or euros): Cisco SG350XG-24T 24-Port 10GBase-T Stackable Managed Switch ZyXEL...
  11. R

@Patrick: could and would you elaborate a bit on the Juniper NFX250? I've read the information on their website, but can't seem to really understand what it exactly is/meant for. What can you do with it? Are prices known? "PFSense" on steroids?
  12. R

Off-topic: I expect huge improvements in the next 2 years in network gear and NFV (Network Functions Virtualization)/Software-Defined Secure Networks within OpenStack. Mostly because of the advancements of IoT (Internet of Things) and the enormous amount of information (Big data) versus the...
  13. R

To be honest the selection process for the right switch is the most difficult part. I'm struggling with it. The D-Link is a concession for now. Will look into pros and cons of the VXLAN switches. Thanks Update: See Mirantis OpenStack Planning Guide — Mirantis OpenStack v8.0 | Documentation |...