Recent content by rchristophe

1. R

SUPERMICRO JBOD: SAS connections for use with 2 servers and 4 HBA 2 ports.

I just realized that this is not necessarily the right place for this type of question. So I created a new topic in RAID Controllers and Host Bus Adapters (I couldn't find how to move it). If a moderator could delete this one. Thanks
  2. R

Hello. We have just acquired two supermicro cse-216BE2C-R609JBOD jbods. I'm looking to use them with 2 servers each having 2 SAS9300-8e cards. The documentation does not give any information for this case, only for the use of a server with 2 SAS cards. How should these materials be connected for...
  3. R

Hello. We have just acquired two supermicro cse-216BE2C-R609JBOD jbods. I'm looking to use them with 2 servers each having 2 SAS9300-8e cards. The documentation does not give any information for this case, only for the use of a server with 2 SAS cards. How should these materials be connected for...
  4. R

How to configure SAS multipath with OmniOS CE ?

i modified the file /kernel/drv/scsi_vhci.conf with scsi-vhci-failover-override = "HITACHI HUS723030ALS640", "f_sym"; and it seems to work now. So Disks / Details and mpio / mpio scsi vhci.conf seems not to work for OmniOS. ?
  5. R

I have a doubt regarding the location of the configuration files for OmniOS. Is it like Solaris 10 or Solaris 11? The / etc / driver / drv directory did not exist, I had to create it. running on : SunOS omniosce 5.11 omnios-r151032-19f7bd2ae5 i86pc i386 i86pc...
  6. R

Apparently yes, there is mpxio-disable = "no"; in /kernel/drv/mpt_sas.conf stmsboot -e => STMS is already enabled. No changes or reboots needed
  7. R

Before mounting the napp-it cluster, I would like to test the multipath. My tests are done with: 1 serveur with a dell h200E (dual port sas). 1 dell MD1200 with 2 controller. the two ports of the H200E crate connected to the two controllers of the md1200. By adding scsi-vhci-failover-override...
  8. R

I tried to configure the multipath with the DELL MD1200 : cp /kernel/drv/scsi_vhci.conf /etc/driver/drv/scsi_vhci.conf add scsi-vhci-failover-override = "HITACHI HUS723030ALS640", "f_sym"; to /etc/driver/drv/scsi_vhci.conf stmsboot -u reboot SAS drives are always listed in duplicate with...
  9. R

thank gea. I thought I should configure the multipath to mount a cluster with 2 napp-it node but it is apparently not necessary.
  10. R

Hello. I am looking for documentation to configure SAS disks in multipath under OmniOS CE. Should I follow the procedures for solaris 10 or solaris 11? How should we proceed ? which files to modify? I need to configure a Dell H200E card and a Dell MD1200 with SAS drives. Do you have links to...
  11. R

ZFS vCluster in a Box

In fact I use virtualization much more under KVM. And I don't know if virtual machines use special operations that rely on a file locking mechanism. Is it possible on the head1 and head2 nodes as well as the cluster control to have an interface dedicated to the LAN and another to management...
  12. R

ZFS vCluster in a Box

How does a VM in ESXi generally behave during NFS server failover?
  13. R

ZFS vCluster in a Box

Hello. What behavior should we expect from a vm having its disk on an NFS share during the 20 seconds break related to server failover? Are there any plans to add support for MinIO?
  14. R

OmniOS, Napp-it, smb share and ad local domain group

It works fine now. I took the server out of the domain, destroyed the computer object, updated OmniOs to r151032, created a new computer object and then joined the domain again. I do not know if it was the update of OmniOs that solved my problem or to recreate a computer object in AD.:)
  15. R

OmniOS, Napp-it, smb share and ad local domain group

How do you understand the note of this solaris documentation? Can Windows domain local groups not be used for ACLs to access directories and files? Cannot Add Windows Local Groups to Access Control List - Managing SMB File Sharing and Windows Interoperability in Oracle Solaris 11.2