Recent content by RchGrav

1. RchGrav

Intel SSD Optane P5800X 400GB @ $625

It was $625 and he had new ones when I bought mine, holograms were intact. I often wonder where someone gets a hold of >50 of these drives at once to unload on ebay at such a bargain price.
  2. RchGrav

I'm using it in PrimoCache, hoping to forgo L1 or use very little and try to use this as a system wide cache on my system. I would like to come up with some universal perfect configuration that works for any possible workload I might be doing from day to day, but I haven't found it yet. I...
  3. RchGrav

This guy had a previous listing selling >50 of these as new, I him believe when he says very light usage, but its 100 DWPD anyway, right? https://www.ebay.com/itm/165157927653 (I grabbed a new one from him was delivered quickly, no issues.. Using it in PrimoCache, 0MB Level 1 Cache.) Did a...
  4. RchGrav

X10SDV-4C-TLN2F $229.90

You could also go with something like the E300 and use an HBA to connect to a couple 8 bay towers ... It's viable for a home lab if you don't have 4 port racks and want something with a noise profile like a standard tower pc https://www.supermicro.com/en/products/chassis/1U/E300/SCE300...
  5. RchGrav

Dell P31H2: $99

The way dell plays it up is that it’s something much more than it is. Talking about managing it through OMSI and the lifecycle controller etc and so forth. But that’s really about the devices connected to this. It’s really like an unmanaged PCIe switch. Not dependent on any of that...
  6. RchGrav

That’s what I figured so having 16x would be kinda nice if you could utilize all of it bandwidth wise. I might grab one to play with. There isn’t really any firmware on it or a bios. It’s just like a pex plx to minisas connector. there is something that has never been clear to me about...
  7. RchGrav

So it will fall back from x16 if the slot only has 8x then I guess.
  8. RchGrav

EXPIRED ES intel Optane P4800X 750GB $450 on ebay, 2 available

I get it.. I have primocache on my desktop and I'm constantly changing the way my system caches read / delays writes based on what i'm doing moment by moment sometimes
  9. RchGrav

I haven't looked at the tiering / caching in unraid, more familiar w/ FreeNAS. are you gonna plot on the cache pool?
  10. RchGrav

Not following how the tiering is working w/ the nytro + optane.. and not sure what you mean by first pool for unraid.. Trying to picture in my head how you are using them
  11. RchGrav

I don't think you can get optane for less.. ES is the only sticking point. (Disclaimer: I bought the one.) I have a P3700 ES and it has been fully firmware upgradable... thats uncommon though for intel they are usually locked down.
  12. RchGrav

We need a firewall suggestion for a small business.

Don't get me wrong.. I'm not saying this is the solution.. I'm just saying it looks neat to me. The one thing which annoys me to no end is the proprietary nature of their solution.. it's their ecosystem of products and no one else is invited. Installing AP's and seeing inactive graphs on the...
  13. RchGrav

It's screenshots like this that have me intrigued.. I have been using their AP's and are happy with them and have a bunch of gear from their BETA program and it all seems pretty good so far for a BETA. I don't personally have a USG just yet to test... I love the Deep Packet Inspection feature...
  14. RchGrav

Are you referring to the same product as me? Because I'm not referring to edgerouter.. I'm referring to the new Unifi Security Gateway. It's pretty sweet.. I'm being serious it's a very nice platform.. it's just not open source and it's their own ecosystem. Ubiquiti Networks - UniFi®...