Recent content by Rand__

1. R

My new OSNexus QuantaStor HA SAN

Makes me wonder how they do that with the HPE NVDimm support then. Ah well will have to give it a try eventually I guess.
  2. R

So u don't have a dedicated slog in place for the quantastor? I mean 800mb is not bad...
  3. R

I am fairly sure hats a sync/async scenario- you could force sync temporarily on your dataset ( or pool if u dont have datasets) to see what iscsi is capable of then.... Now u said u run optane, which one? Does the slog need to be shared as well between the nodes? If yes that would put a dent...
  4. R

If that is from the same data store as the iscsi access it seems like the iscsi is running async - the difference is massive after all. With ESX/TNC there is no problem runnning NFS4 multipathed (2 works fine, have not tried more)
  5. R

If i have to use Optane I'd need to move to a PCIe4 system to really make use of it;) But at this point I'd prolly run 2 sm x11 3647 nodes with local nvdimms and a SAS or NVME JBOD And NFS - fast and secure, not or ;)
  6. R

Any there any other limits than size on the community edition? You happen to know if NVDimm support is limited to HPE Firmware only? You have an ETA on v6? Might have least a go at it at some point... will see if it can beat TNC / nfs with NVDimm's as slog... (o/c HA is a compelling factor...
  7. R

Edited another q in since i had not seen u had replied in the meantime. No idea if 'no delayed ack' is the same as sync to be honest;)
  8. R

Are those sync or async writes? On TNC iscsi would run async out of the box which o/c is significantly faster... And that's no problem for them? Changing drivers et al? Or do you not mind if this puts you on unsupported?
  9. R

I had been looking at OSNexus a while ago, but their alleged performance deficiency (https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/looking-for-a-good-san-solution-for-vmware.28463/page-2#post-266824) kept me from diving deeper into it. How are those 4 vms connected? I.e. where do they run...
  10. R

Looking for the perfect switch

Netgear 3300 should also work iirc
  11. R

Sc846 vertical rack mount

@svtkobra7 has a similar setup with 2 2U servers, some pics/details here: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/build-a-bear-err-server-room-both-need-alot-of-insulation-stuffing.29998/post-277943
  12. R

EU WTB Brocade ICX 6610, 7250 or 7450

I have a 7450-24 but its not really cheap, so maybe you'll be better off to look for other options first;)
  13. R

CPU + Motherboard ideas for Storage/Plex server

just look for the chipset, eg C236 or C246, whatever gen u want. Supermicro, Intel, Asrock, Asus, Gigabyte should have matching boards
  14. R

CPU + Motherboard ideas for Storage/Plex server

Why u need so many pcie lanes in the first place? Just to have them? Why not upgrade to a recent(ish) in the line that you have (e3) ie E3 v6 or even newer? You'd get sufficient lanes, 64GB+, Quicksync and smaller boards. Which board depends on availability and pricing...