Recent content by Rand__

1. R

EU Consolidated FS thread (RTX5000 - NVDimm-N, Xeon's, SAS SSDs and more)

Very good, thanks for the heads up:)
  2. R

UK Amazon.co.uk -- Intel Xeon Silver 4112 -- 142£ + Shipping

# of PCIE lanes (v3 vs v4 though), more (slower) memory (total, RDimms) , Dual CPU capable... But yes, those silvers already were long in the tooth when they were new, but still might be a good choice if you need their strengths...
  3. R

vlan traffic not getting into esx host?

Number of hosts makes no difference
  4. R

they are nice - would not have moved them out if i hadnt needed more pcie lanes due to chia
  5. R

Sorry, only run dvswitch that way and there its working as described above (4095 on switch and vlan on PortGroup/vmk).
  6. R

Maybe some more details about your setup might help. Do you want a specific vlan to be passed through ( to a vlan that is appropriately tagged)? Then use vlan 0 Or allow the vswitch to receive (and untag) all vlans? Then use 4095 on the switch and the appropriate vlan on the vmk Are whe...
  7. R

EU FS: Ruckus R710 ( and a couple IOT modules)

It does power the 710s (with forcing at mode on the AP iirc) so I would think so. And yes, should have some left...
  8. R

Patrick's 2021 Fiber Build-out

;)
  9. R

Fiber Optic Networking Guide SC or LC Connector

I think they'll get to that eventually, just taking it slow:) Maybe it's helpful to add requests/questions/ideas in this topic area so they have some food for further articles/content in the series beyond what they already plan :)
  10. R

EU 1U4LW-X570/2L2T RPSU availability in western Europe?

Yep. Buy quite often from them, no gripes.
  11. R

Okies - will let you know if/when I shuffle again:) p.s. My E3 are v6's, but o/c not a huge upgrade.
  12. R

At this point i consolidated back onto the E5s (from E3s) to get PCIe-lanes for Chia HBAs, so not without moving stuff around; not sure I am keen switching again at this point (i.e. not making sense to sell them off cheaply when i use them). I do have some dual boards i can let go, but not...
  13. R

Let me double check but I might have forgotten to remove them, I think I just sold them last week Edit- yes, sorry for the inconvenience