Recent content by rafalsz

1. R

Tyan S8030GM2NE

Hey, I already posted the actual problem and the solution - a consumer case and standard number of ATX case standoffs, one of which was shorting the slot from the back.
  2. R

Tyan S8030GM2NE

I have identified the problem, which in hindsight is much simpler and dumber. I was previously using a consumer motherboard in the same case and forgot about one of the standoffs, which was exactly below the problematic slot and was shorting the memory pins. Luckily there seems to be no...
  3. R

Tyan S8030GM2NE

The top slot on the board (D0 if I remember correctly) was not recognized to be filled which I thought as seating problem, but persisted after resocketing both CPU and a few DIMMs and a few people suggested that cause to me. Could be faulty CPU/board, but I am trying to avoid shipping it back to...
  4. R

Tyan S8030GM2NE

I checked that again and it's true, they aren't featured in that video. I have one more question - I've heard that some server motherboards reserve some RAM for their own use - is this also the case with this one? I installed 8x16GB DIMMs, and Windows as well as CPU-Z recognize only 112GB...
  5. R

Tyan S8030GM2NE

Yes, these holes are for toolless m.2 drive latches, my seller sold me a board with one from Tyan (with blue button) and a different one looking closer to what's on RolloZ170's picture There is a video from Level1techs on this MB where these latches are shown
  6. R

Tyan S8030GM2NE

thanks!
  7. R

Tyan S8030GM2NE

Hello, I just got this board, and being new to server hardware, I would like to ask for clarification of power connectors used by the board. The manual specifies 3 power connectors: ATX 24 pin (J60), CPU Power Connector(J63), and another 12V Power Connector (J65). I assume that this J65...