Recent content by raab

1. R

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

And one of them has a faulty PoE board, great :) PoE: Stack unit 1 PS 1, Internal Power supply with 370000 mwatts capacity is up PoE Info: Adding new 54V capacity of 370000 mW, total capacity is 370000, total free capacity is 370000 PoE Info: PoE module 1 of Unit 1 on ports 1/1/1 to 1/1/24...
  2. R

New cable arrived, and it works Either I broke the other one or it never worked
  3. R

The serial cable still gets detected in windows if that's any consolation I'll have to wait for the new cable to arrive because I get no output on either switches management port
  4. R

Just as well I have another one coming as I wasn't sure if this one was going to turn up
  5. R

Yah, i'm definitely in the right hole now.. still no console output though
  6. R

Yeah, I totally misread your instructions: Connect to the switches serial/console port on the front using a program like Putty (9600 8N1), and connect any of the normal switch ports to your network (do NOT use the dedicated management port Shame.
  7. R

So I got this serial cable https://www.amazon.com/Asunflower-Serial-Console-Rollover-Routers/dp/B00KMRVGFO But nothing seems to happen when I try use putty, also tried screen.. pressing enter (or any other key) doesn't bring anything up etc. Plugged into the ethernet port 1 on both switches...
  8. R

My 6450-24P's arrived today, very well packaged by the ebay seller and there's no obvious signs of shipping damage. Considering they came from America -> New Zealand that's a bonus! One of the rack ears is a bit bent on the bottom of the ear (top switch in picture), otherwise just scuff marks...
  9. R

I managed to go through all 111 pages on and off over a week Glad @PGlover finally for his sonos stuff working after all that
  10. R

Oops, yeah I should've prefaced that with I realise they aren't fanless When I stumbled upon this thread my thought process turned into why would I buy a more expensive fanless switch when the Brocade offers so much more
  11. R

What started off as me googling for good fanless switches, with short depth, lead me down the Brocade rabbit hole and I'll probably come away with 2 x 6450-24P's. The only problem is that it's not exactly cheap getting them to New Zealand.. oh well Thanks @fohdeesha for the thread and guide