Recent content by quixotheque

1. Q

AMD making a fool of Threadripper customers - AGAIN?

Yes, I noticed. I was hoping more people would come back to this discussion... now that we have something to actually discuss.
  2. Q

Has no one noticed the AMD launch?
  3. Q

Ram Configuration on New Threadripper Pro 8 Channel Platforms

It makes a lot of sense but at the same time I want to ask you if you know of a method or a tool to diagnose memory usage. Especially on windows since it is notorious for having bad memory management. I've just ran a profiler in Nuke and it looks like it shouldn't take more than 6Gb but usage in...
  4. Q

WEPYC ThreadRipper build: FATbild

Can you write down a few words about the performance of the build -did you benchmark ti? Any bugs with the OS or drivers? PS: I like how you went with beQuiet fans, I wonder if there are any other better fans out there.
  5. Q

Benefits of an pcie M2 expander

Thanks! I actually have an expander that came with the motherboard (MSI X299 Creator). I'm wondering if I can move the m2 off of the motherboard and into this expander for better cooling. Do you know if it will work without having to reinstall the OS and without incurring any performance...
  6. Q

Benefits of an pcie M2 expander

I'm trying to understand how I could use one of these so I have a few questions: Can I put 2 or 3 m2 drives on there and have 1 serving as OS and the other 2 as storage / cache or perhaps even RAID them? Is this possible?
  7. Q

Can you elaborate a little? I'm not usually doing simulation work since that can take as much ram as possible, but comp and 3d projects do usually use a lot of ram. Either way I was under the assumption that more channels would benefit with high ram usage.
  8. Q

Has this been tested anywhere, because I've heard similar on other occasions?! I'm specifically interested in ways that performance would be affected (negatively or positively) by an 8 channel configuration with use cases like 3d animation, compositing, editing.
  9. Q

So... Threadripper?! Do you speak it?! Will there be a new Threadripper Pro on the swrx8 platform or not? Will there be a new Threadripper on the strx4 platform or not?