Recent content by psylenced

1. P

pfSense 2.4.4 Released

hxxps://portal.pfsense.org/firmware/sg-3100/ It appears to be protected though, so need a portal login (which hopefully you have). (change link to https because forum keeps breaking it)
  2. P

Synology DS1517+ Review A 5-Bay NAS 10GbE Powerhouse

How does it compare against the ds1515? It appears as if it's using the same CPU. What are the main differences between this and the older model?
  3. P

44 cores 512gb X10DRG-Q 4-way SLI

I seem to remember reading about a very out of the box fix for the task scheduler issue. (This is from memory). The task scheduler would create tasks by creating a file in %systemroot%\System32\Tasks What they tried to do was fiddle around with permissions and creating dummy files to stop that...
  4. P

This Guy Has the Fastest Home Internet in the United States

400/400 at work is massively better than the 18/1 I get at home. Helps that work is in the cbd, so lots of pipe networks cable going around. I'm in area that was slated for cable, although it looks like g.fast has since been downgraded back to vdsl in the future cable offerings too.
  5. P

Domain name registrar - any recomendations

Just saw this pop up: It's Namecheap's Birthday With some domains excluded on the fine print of that page.
  6. P

Plex goes DVR

No, you pay them for that privilege - it's called plex pass ;)
  7. P

Intel S2600CP2J - tweak SDR for 100% PWM at all times?

There is a setting in the bios that lets you bump up the fan speed - have you looked into that? Can't think of the name off the top of my head, but I believe it's on the same screen and nearby to the fan performance setting.
  8. P

NEW 480Gb Samsung SM843T Data Center Series SSD $100

I received mine too. Stats are: Power On Time . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 105 days, 8 hours Power On Time . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 223 days, 23 hours Power On Time . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 413 days, 10 hours Power On Time . . . . . . . . . . ...
  9. P

NEW 480Gb Samsung SM843T Data Center Series SSD $100

Exactly the reason I grabbed 7 too.
  10. P

AU server stuff at Graysonline FYI

Wasn't going to say anything (because I wanted it) - Was hoping it was going to go un-noticed, but saw this amongst that batch of items from that auction lot. Dell PowerEdge FC630 Server Node Auction (0001-2158312) | GraysOnline Australia 2x Intel Xeon E5-2698 v3 2.3GHz,40M Cache,9.60GT/s...
  11. P

Plex goes DVR

The Plex staff seem to be playing dumb about the copywrite / infringement questions. What I guess happened, was Amazon required them to not encrypt files as part of the partnership. Probably for de-duplication reasons. If they are suddenly getting dozens of TB uploaded from people with mostly...
  12. P

Newegg via Ebay: *Refurbished* SAMSUNG Data Center Series SV843 2.5" 960GB SSD

Selling the 480gb for $95 now too: http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAMSUNG-SM843T-Data-Center-Series-MZ7WD480HAGM-00003-2-5-480GB-SATA-6-0Gb-s-MLC-/302056461406
  13. P

HP SAS Expander Wiki

Ended up finding on ebay a new 468406-B21 (with the cables) for $50 aud ($37 usd). Was from a place a few suburbs over which is good. Hopefully that will do the job.
  14. P

SuperMicro Differences

via SuperMicro motherboard buyer's guide for Xeon E5-2670 CPUs • /r/homelab Does this help? So according to that guide: X9DR7-LN4F : X9 - Generation D - Dual CPU R - Socket R 7 - Sas2 6gb/s LN4 - 4 ethernet F - IPMI vs X9DRI-F X9 - Generation D - Dual CPU R - Socket R I - Sata F - IPMI