Recent content by PSeves

1. P

PowerEdge R530 dual CPU upgrade issue

Apologies for the delay. We just had a baby. I think I figured out the issue. Well, I didn't, I heard from someone who figured it out. Despite the R530 owner's manual stating "The PowerEdge R530 system supports up to two Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3 or E5-2600 v4 product family processors.", it doesn't...
  2. P

Thank you both! I'll install os first. If it still fails with two cpu I'll swap for more power.
  3. P

Nope. I was going to rollback the video update, but tried removing cpu #2 first. I have video and can get to system menu items, but can't fully start the operating system. Could it be power? It has dual 750w psu.
  4. P

It has windows server 2012 r2. But there's no video at all. Nothing from the device makes it to the monitor. With the monitor in standby; I hit the power button, the monitor wakes up for about 3 seconds, black screen, goes back into standby. Restarting the monitor doesn't doing anything. I'm...
  5. P

Thanks for the fan and heatsink tip! So bios is at 2.16.0 and after running through the idrac updates it's at 2.84.84.84. Diagnostic tests pass and runs like normal. I put the new cpu pair in and no errors. No fans on high. Running a bit louder, but not full throttle. But now I have no video...
  6. P

That's a lot of idrac updates! haha This one is on 2.15.10.10. I mounted and ran the server update utility and it jump right to 2.83.xx. I'll run through these update soon and see if it's resolved. Thank you! RolloZ170, thanks for the TDP insight!
  7. P

Thank you for the responses! mrpasc: There's 256gb total ram in A1, A2, A3, A4, B1, B2, B3, B4. 32gb per slot. The configuration works when the original CPUs are in. CyklonDX: I checked the pins and all looks fine. Both work with the original CPUs. idrac is the one thing that didn't get...
  8. P

I have an R530 that I'm attempting to upgrade the processors on. Dual Intel Xeon E5-2630 v3 came in it from the factory. I'm installing Intel Xeon E5-2697A V4 processors. I've update BIOS and all of the device firmware, relevant to my device, available from Dell. When powered up with the new...