Recent content by ppiixx

1. P

poeplus.com / aliexpress managed switches

Anyone used these? They have a few models offering the magic combo of web management, PoE and 2.5gbe 5 and 8 port models https://www.aliexpress.us/item/1005006150854201.html Manual https://www.poeplus.com/UserFiles/files/S1108XGT-SL/2.5G-10G%20series%20Smart%20WEB%20Switch%20manual.pdf
  2. P

Topton 'NAS' motherboard.

The kickstarter that's using a variant of this board has a backer update about offering alternate CPU choices. Could be a good option if they do manage to ship a version with a better CPU.
  3. P

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

Interesting. Sure does look like the CWWK/topton nas board, but their board diagram has a U2 port which the current boards don't have. Not sure where they are getting the lanes for that from with a N6005! edit: from the KS comments:
  4. P

How to make the most of a 1.15Gbps (Gig1) Virgin Media ISP

ok, but earlier you said "if I have guest VLAN 10 192.168.10.0/24 on my Linksys router, and request a 192.168.0.x address, its default Internet gateway is 192.168.0.1" so it sounded like your guest VLAN was getting assigned addresses on your internal VLAN. Back to option 5. You could probably...
  5. P

How does traffic from a 192.168.0.0/24 address in the guest VLAN reach the internal VLAN?
  6. P

If the guest VLAN is on 192.168.10.0/24 then what is assigning it a address from 192.168.0.0/24? You don't appear to have any separation between your internal and guest VLANs. The VM router only knows about 192.168.0.0/24 so any device talking to it would either need to be in that range or...
  7. P

oops yes VM router not VF router. I don't understand how the VM router is routing between the two subnets for you. Can you explain the network a little more? The VM router only knows about a single subnet and doesn't appear to have any way of adding routes to other networks that I can see...
  8. P

How is the VM router routing from the guest network to your internal network? You can't even add routes onto it can you? Are your internal and guest networks sharing a subnet? If you have something like: <Internal Network 192.168.2.1/24> <Your Router> (NAT to 192.168.0.2) <--> VM Router...
  9. P

I have the same service from Virgin and I don't think there is a easy way to do what you want. You would have to deal with the pain of double NAT plus the complexity of multi-wan where both the wan links are to the same IP address and MAC. Might be simplest to just throw some devices onto the...
  10. P

Connecting Xeon-D 10G base-T to SFP+ switch

They only announced it last week. Looks like suppliers are expecting it in october. It is based on a marvell chip so hopefully we will see a wave of reasonably priced options from others (fs.com etc)
  11. P

Home Lab moving to 10GbE

That only has 2 SFP+ ports. If you only need 2 you could get the mikrotik CSS326 for around £110 including shipping from eurodk Half the price for 24 gig ports and 2 SFP+ ports plus it is fanless
  12. P

Cheap spf+ 10g copper module

Mikrotik just announced their new SFP+ copper module. Supports 10M/100M/1G/2.5G/5G/10G and has a list price of $65