Recent content by poulpor

1. P

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

There is no difference between those two, the P330, on the other hand, has a second NVMe slot, but it is more difficult to find in used condition. To be more precise, the difference is some Bios settings present on the M920Q are not on the M720Q, but it's an artificial limitation. The only one I...
  2. P

well, sort of, a mini-PCIe to PCIe adapter in a modified case. But 4 (or more) bays enclosures are expensive, not sure it's worth it for a backup machine. Mine was built for running Proxmox and now ESXi, wanted to give a try to openwrt and OMV VMs instead of a baremetal NAS + router.
  3. P

My M720Q running ESXi is equipped with an esata card + a 4 bays eSATA/usb3 Icy Box IB-3640SU3, but an SFF will be cheaper for sure.
  4. P

I will take a look at power-targets, I have to admit I don't know what it is (is it TDP down?) ^^; In the meantime, I suppose you saw you can already change PL1 and PL2 with your undervolt software?
  5. P

What bios feature do you need? If its hidden in the Bios GUI but present in the Bios file, you can interact with it the same way you enabled overclocking/underclocking setting. For example, the Thunderbolt bios settings are hidden for M720Q but visible on M920Q even if it's the same Bios file...
  6. P

OK, it should work the same with the latest bios M1UKT6EA, I extracted it and the value to modify is still at the same place 0x7BD. Happy undervolting!
  7. P

Sorry but I never heard of the "CpuSetup" variable, which "how-to" did you follow? Please, take a look at my older post regarding this matter, I've just extracted the latest M1UKT6EA bios to be sure and the location of the "Overclocking Lock" variable is still at the same place than in older...
  8. P

Hi, Sorry, no thunderbolt experience but I know you had to install a driver for Windows (see this forum thread for more informations). Did you try sudo apt install bolt (saw it in this guide)?
  9. P

You'll need to create a GRUB boot usb key to pass the command, more informations in this previous post.
  10. P

OK, I think there's a misunderstanding, mine is an i9 9900, not the "T" version, that's why its multiplier is x44 (x50 for the retail i9 9900)! Sorry, I should have insisted on that point earlier.
  11. P

Most of the time you'll do both, but you have to know the undervolting feature is locked in M720q/M920Q/P330 Bios (and I suppose any other "tiny" model). To be able to undervolt and change PL1/PL2, you'll have to change the hidden setting Overclocking_Lock to 0x00. I don't know how to do so on...
  12. P

Interesting, I put an i9 9900 "ES" in mine, together with the copper heatsink you mentioned. Multiplier is x44 so it's like a "real" i9900T and reaches 4.40GHz in single core. But It's a 65W cpu and runs hot, even if the copper heatsink is made for such power dissipation. Undervolting helps a...
  13. P

Parallax is absolutely right about the riser, you need the x4 version, Lenovo spare part 01AJ929. I don't know what you plan to do with this thunderbolt port but if it's egpu and regarding the rarity of this card, I would suggest to look at other pci-e solutions like ADT-Link R23SG. It's not as...
  14. P

Thank you for the discovery of this nice open-source (this is the way!) project, honestly, I'm totally new to virtualization and didn't know of it :( I first tried proxmox VE because it's also an open-source project and was not very eager to switch to esxi, I did so without any joy after weeks...
  15. P

The ESXi free license is enough, you can passthrough anything without limits, the only drawback for me is the lack of easy backup solution, but I'm OK with cloning VMs instead.