Recent content by poofer

1. P

Samsung 960 NVME on napp-it for cache?

I disabled version detection and it now shows up as c2t0025385B61B05AC2d0 250.1 GB S:0 H:0 T:0 blkdev S3ESNX0HB07652W Looks good so far. Thanks Gea!
  2. P

Yep. It looks like it is version 1.2
  3. P

I'm rebuilding a small office server and using a bunch nifty components. (See list below) One of which is a Samsung 960 EVO m.2 NVME. I am, however, not able to get napp-it to see it as a drive. It is running through the pcie slot using an adapter. The bios sees it fine and an nvme drive I saw...
  4. P

New build and getting "Maintenance Mode" on install

So I connected a old sata dvd drive from a spare desktop... AND IT WORKED! Thanks Gea! I appreciate your help!
  5. P

I was indeed using the usb 3.0 ports so I moved keyboard and the external usb dvd drive over to the two usb 2.0 ports. Unfortunately I still get the same error.. Remounting root read/write Probing for device nodes Preparing image for use Requesting system maintenance mode I don't have anything...
  6. P

When trying to install omnios on a new build it forces me to log into maintenance mode. I've installed it fine on similar (older) systems. At a glance, is there anything here that is incompatible? Or is there another reason why I can't proceed? ASRock Rack Motherboard E3C236D2I 6 SATA3 by...
  7. P

adding second vdev - Am I doing it right?

I have 2 VM's running off of a NFS share... Do I shut those down before the transfer or can I leave them running?
  8. P

OK. So now I have a second 6 disk raid z2 vdev (See attached screen shot) I don't believe I have enough space to transfer from storage to storage1 because of the 7 disk raidz1 vs 6 disk raidz2 difference. Although when I look at the files in a file explorer window it says I am only using...
  9. P

ok. So if I don't do anything then performance will improve over time? I just don't want to have to monkey with the data more than I have to.
  10. P

It seems that both of you are on the same page as far as Creating a second Z2 and transferring everything over then killing the old pool and creating a Z2 from that one as well. I like that idea and I'm going to go with it. I am using 3TB SAS drives I like that idea as well. Having hot spares...
  11. P

This is on a production NAS so I want make double sure I am doing it right. 14 bay jbod Currently single raidz1-0 vdev with 7 disks and 2 spares. I want to take the 2 spares and 5 new disks and make a second vdev to increase space to max out my box. So my questions are these... Should I...
  12. P

Napp-it Issue with multiple Active Directory

I believe I have them setup correctly. I inherited the system and the setup looks similar to the instructions on this page. Step-By-Step: Setting Up Active Directory Sites, Subnets & Site-Links I have attached an edited screenshot
  13. P

Napp-it Issue with multiple Active Directory

I have a setup where there are 4 remote sites and a primary site. Each have their own Windows 2012 server running DNS and AD. The networks are meshed so everybody can see everybody. Recently I have been replacing our old servers with new ones with similar setup. Everybody has the same hardware...