Recent content by Ponury Typ

1. Ponury Typ

UK 15.36TB Samsung PM1733 NVMe SSDs for £389.99, plus other bits from the same seller

Did anyone got response from the seller about shipping to EU?
  2. Ponury Typ

EU [WTS] - [OnHold] - Supermicro Servers, NVME Optane P4801X, Switches, AP's and other loose items

@Rahvin9999 quick question about those SYS-5018D-FN4T - how loud they are?
  3. Ponury Typ

Silent 10gbe switch for silent lab

Yes, they work out great. Just keep in mind if You want 10gbe on those You can use max 4 ports. Adapters are getting supper hot (according to switch software they are around 60*C to 70*C) so you suppose to have empty (not used) port between those adapters.
  4. Ponury Typ

Need recommendation for 16x nvme JBOD (for zfs)

Nice find indeed, thanks. And yes, ROME supports bifurcation. As why i would like a PCIe 4.0 - i just want to make card future proof since cost of the card/money ain't an issue.
  5. Ponury Typ

Need recommendation for 16x nvme JBOD (for zfs)

Hey, as topic says - i need recommendation of HBA (or HBAS) for up to 16 nvme drives that will work in jbod so i can use disks in zfs. Card will be used with asrock rack ROME8-2T - so the card can run with PCIE 4.0 speeds.
  6. Ponury Typ

EU FS: New Intel P3500 2.0TB U.2 x16 ALL SOLD

Grabed 4pcs, they are already running in my server.
  7. Ponury Typ

Thanks for all the replays. I end up buying 2 CRS309-1G-8S+IN with 8 S+RJ10 (4 per switch).
  8. Ponury Typ

Hey, so i am looking for ultra silent 10gbe switch. What i need is at last 6 ports and total silence. This is with what i came up: 2x Qnap QSW-M408-4C + they suppose to be silent - it has 8x1gbit 2x Netgear MS510TXM + those have 4x10gbe +2x10gb sfp and 4x2.5gbe + according to my contact in...
  9. Ponury Typ

EU AMD EPYC 7551 - 295 GBP

Instaled one without carrier frame in Asrock Rack ROME8-2T. Working without issue.
  10. Ponury Typ

CentOS 8 to be discontinued at end of 2021

So its either be our alpha tester on distro without full futures or pay us money. F**k IBM. I would rather switch to debian than use this.
  11. Ponury Typ

@csp-guy did they replay to You? Did anyone tried installing without carrier? I would try it my self since i have my cpu, asrock rome8-2t and ram sitting on the table but i am still missing bloody power supply that i cant find anywhere (seasonic 1000W titanium) ...
  12. Ponury Typ

Board or even site about it is not out yet so no one can.
  13. Ponury Typ

AMD EPYC 7551 - 295GBP Looks like a great deal, ordered myself one of this for the new lab node. As for now - 6 units left.