Recent content by plexisaurus

1. P

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Just installed the MF60101V1-1000U-G99 today in parallel with the 3 sunon housing fans in my 7250-48. ASIC temps are about 2-3c better than stock fans at 52.4c and noise level hasn't increased over the sunon mf40201vx-1000u-g99 40mm fans. Very quiet at level 1. I also installed a temporary...
  2. P

I'm not going to debate the thermal engineering with you, and I never asked for or wanted your opinion on the feasibility. I was simply asking for specific data to use to make my own decisions with. You do you.
  3. P

I'm ordering the MF60101V1-1000U-G99. It's rated at 28ish dbA which better matches the dba rating of the 40mm fans. No point in sacrificing airflow when any dbA benefit will be canceled by the louder 40mm fans. Also thanks for pointing me to that post by roachedcoach, I overlooked that one in...
  4. P

Instead of being dismissive, how about actually being helpful and share a data point like was asked.
  5. P

THAT IS QUITTER TALK. Anything can be cooled quietly, just a matter of engineering and design trade offs. This isn't rocket science. I'm sure slapping two 180mm fans on top would do it easily with lower than stock temps, but it is more work, and would make it take up more rack space. Someone...
  6. P

I recently purchased a new icx 7250-48 off ebay. I'm experimenting with fan modding because stock ones are too loud for me. Can anyone hazard a educated guess what a safe 24/7 temp is? it was 65-70c at stock idle, now it is around 77c after 100minutes idle and not quite reached steady state. I...