Recent content by PeterF

1. P

Gigabyte MJ11-EC1 EPYC 3151 Mystery

Unfortunately there is no way to enable this in BIOS (at least I have not found any). Did you follow the steps I outlined? You need also to reboot the IPMI for this to work. You do this simplest by disconnecting the PSU main cable (That to the wall) Or write reboot on the terminal, but if you...
  2. P

This is the correct way to do it. You can alternatively put the setup_var.efi on your EFI partition. This is easy in Linux. Do fdisk -l to list the disks and partitions. Identify the EFI partition and mount it, then copy the efi program to it. Reboot and follow the above procedure (except the...
  3. P

A dumped BIOS can not be flashed back as it is.It needs to be in .rbu format. That adds 16 bytes with a static text and a 2 byte checksum. I have in an earlier post posted a link to a flashable F09 Bios that I made flashable. If you search for my name you will find it BR Peter Fälth
  4. P

There is no need to flash the F02 BIOS to change the sata/pcie selection. of SL_SAS. The menu item is present also in the F09 BIOS but it is hidden. It can be unhidden and a modified BIOS flashed, I have done so. I have not tried out if it really works as I have my sata disk connected to a...
  5. P

Very good to know that flashrom works. I tried it also but probably not the latest version. It did not detect any flash. I have not tries to connect anything to the slimsas 8i port. I use a sata breakout cable for the slimsas 4i and that works well. BR Peter
  6. P

Hello, Nice to hear it worked for you also! Yes flashing the BMC from the EFI shell (or Linux) works and is a good way. If it does not come up correctly you can flash again. But I do not think that the SKU info is stored in the BMC image. The Gigabyte BMC firmware is the same for all products...
  7. P

Hello, Attached is the original F09 Bios that I dumped from my system and made into a flashable .rbu image. It is not possible to flash back the dump as is via the WEBGui or AFUxxx. I compared to the MJ11-EC0 image from Gigabyte site and found the difference. There are a lot of system specific...
  8. P

Hello, I have also flashed the F02 on my first board, and after some work also managed to make the F09 dump into a flashable .rbu image that can be flashed back via the BMC. This evening I can make it available for download BR Peter
  9. P

Nice to see! I did a lot of trial and errors so might have made something that removed info or updated more that in your case. I see that you are running 15 degrees higher cpu temp that I have. I put on a 92mm fan, that changed temp and noise! Peter
  10. P

Good you are on your way. First a warning. This can potentially brick your system. I have had one side effect. The product name disappeared from the BIOS and instead there is a text "To be filled in by OEM" It does not seam to have any impact on running the system. I did all my testing with...
  11. P

It is possible to activate also the other fans and have full control over them! But it is not the Bios that needs modifying. You need to change the product name of the bord. From G431-MM0-OT to MJ11-EC0-00 and MJ11-EC1-OT to MJ11-EC0-00. After a BMC reboot it will be reconfigured and all fans...
  12. P

What PSU do you use? Are both the 12V and Standby power connected? Have you also bought the adapter cable from the seller? BR Peter
  13. P

I am on the same BMC version. I just measured the boot time (Booting from the BMC) it took 85 seconds until the OS started booting. The OS (Omnios) then booted in about 10s I use now a 150W PicoPsu. It has no problem booting the board and also 2 3.5 HDDs. I tried also with a 90W psu. It booted...
  14. P

I just tested and created a fan profile that starts at 25% . That worked but the resulting drop in fanrpm was not 50%. This will depend on the fan. I instead changed the fan and put in a 92mm fan. It is only fixed with one screw and hangs out over the NVME. I got lower noise, lower temp and a...
  15. P

I have the same board with exactly the same type of memory in the same slots. It is working without any problem. Have you checked that the memory is properly seated in the slots? Is your motherboard installed in a case? Could there be unused standoffs under it that are causing a short? If you...