Recent content by pcunite

1. P

Need reasonably priced (Under $2K) 8 to 24 port 10GBASE-T switch with 40Gbs QSFP+ uplink

Understood. With the expenditure here, can you maybe instead switch to using SFP+ style network cards in the end devices? Maybe get around the RJ45 requirement? Anyway, hope you find something.
  2. P

Need reasonably priced (Under $2K) 8 to 24 port 10GBASE-T switch with 40Gbs QSFP+ uplink

24 of these or these and you are still thousands ahead. You would need to turn off auto negotiation.
  3. P

Try this MikroTik. Reviewed here. Worth a shot for the price.
  4. P

Supermicro Dual Xeon 12 bay server

I have acquired a like new Supermicro 12 bay server. It was originally built to be a Pivot3 CloudBank. I installed XigmaNAS to test it out. I think it has less than 40 hours of use. It uses the CSE-826 chassis and X8DT3-LN4 mainboard with the SAS-826EL1 backplane to support 12 drives. Has 2...
  5. P

MikroTik CRS326-24G-2S+RM Review Inexpensive 24 Port 1GbE Switch

I've made a guide for these switches. Ultimately, all the different vendors have a syntax that takes some getting used to.
  6. P

Mikrotik Help

Unless you want to be an expert with MikroTik's older syntax, you'd be better off with their newer switch that can take advantage of the newer syntax. Read this guide to set it up.
  7. P

Software for Local Backup with UnMapped Network Drives

How about software that will fire a script at job start, the script maps the drive, then another script fires upon job completion, unmapping the drive? But yeah, the direct socket connection would be nice too.
  8. P

Low Power Storage Solution

As a means of comparison, the power consumption of the Synology DS1819+ is 67w on access and 30w when drives are on standby. A comparison here with a 12bay. See if you could do better on power and price.
  9. P

Looking for router advice before moving to AT&T fiber

Understood, I was wanting to downgrade the firmware in order to extract the certs (to have a complete bypass). I found the older firmware.
  10. P

Looking for router advice before moving to AT&T fiber

I'm trying to locate firmware 1.5.12 or 1.6.9 for my BGW210. It currently has 1.7.17. Does anyone have a link?