Recent content by pcpaulh

1. P

Sun F40/F80 to Seagate WarpDrive firmware (RAID Mode)

Hi thanks. I copied it out (the part mentioned between two hex values in the howto and then saved it as a bin file. Haven’t gotten around to flashing yet.
  2. P

Sun F40/F80 to Seagate WarpDrive firmware (RAID Mode)

Hi, please excuse my ignorance! I'm prepping to flash my card. The section where you use the Hex editor, do you remove the section mentioned in the post and delete it and then save the bin file again? I can't see what you do with the 'copied' section further down the post. Thanks in advance.
  3. P

HP t730 Thin Client as an HP Microserver Gen7 Upgrade

I don’t have that much info on mine. I’ll see if the MEMtesr app will give me more detail. I’ve just ordered some ‘compatible’ memory from Crucial to see if that fixes the problem. It may explain the random resets on another 730 I bought at the same time. Different memory and the OS did see it...
  4. P

Hi, BIOS updated, unfortunately no change. It's odd, because the HP thin client OS is seeing all of the memory. Ubuntu Live only sees one stick (or at least reports 6.7G). If I put an 8G stick and the original 4G it sees 10.8G (assuming it runs in memory so doesn't see all of it?). I thought the...
  5. P

Hi, I've installed a 4 port Intel card and disabled the onboard. Ive tried legacy and UEFI. Bios is 1.04. RAM is DDR3L-1600 PC3L-12800 CL11 1.35V ISO is from the VMUG site. I've also tried installing UBUNTU (Live) with the same results. The onboard memory test passes the memory as OK. Thanks Paul
  6. P

Hi, I wonder if you can help. I'm trying to install ESXi on a couple of these boxes. The T730 'sees' the 16GB of memory that I have installed but the installer only 'sees' 7GB. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've tried 6.5 and 6.7 with the same results. Thank you in advance. Paul (I've commented...
  7. P

Introduction to the HP t730 Thin client - the little box that could

Hi, I wonder if you can help. I'm trying to install ESXi on a couple of these boxes. The T730 'sees' the 16GB of memory that I have installed but the installer only 'sees' 7GB. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've tried 6.5 and 6.7 with the same results. Thank you in advance. Paul