Recent content by pc_doom

1. P

using SFP+ past 10 meters

You must mean SFP+ cable limitation is 10 meters, not SFP+ module. Since SFP+ cable is only suitable for very short distance transmission, but SFP+ module and cables can support longer distance. As other guys mentioned here, you can directly go to FS.COM to get SFP module and fiber patch cable...
  2. P

Solarflare SFN5122F, compatible SR SFP's

Haven't used this type of card, but you can go to fs.com where can provide large amount of module types. You can directly ask their sales representative.
  3. P

10gig - Random disconnects

The DAC cable is compatible with the NIC? How about change with another DAC cable?
  4. P

Thank you to our YouTube subscribers: Milestone today

Congratz! Haven't seen that, but glad to be one in here.
  5. P

Supermicro X10SDV Xeon D SFP+ Optics

Cisco 10G SFP+ SR module Cisco SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR SFP+ Transceiver | FS.COM
  6. P

Intel X520-da2 SFP+ Optics

Why not fs? I used to be worried about this site, since their modules are insanely cheaper and shipping charge is out of my expection. But I convinced myself to have a try. No unhappy issues happen, and their free shipping now really impresses me.
  7. P

So what hardware you have bought lately that was a SCORE!!

Got three 100G SR QSFP28 modules from fiberstore, only 269$ for each. Below $3/Gig.
  8. P

Zyxel gigabit switches with fs.com SFP modules

The SFP modules you have bought is compatible with your Zyxel switch? don't have this switch type, but I have got some SFPs from fs, which can works well with my UBNT switch.
  9. P

Cheap optical QSFP 56 Infiniband cables Guide

It is really awesome. I'll keep it for later use. Thanks, guys.
  10. P

10GBase-T switch for xeon-d home lab

Why do you need 10GBase-T switch? Normally 10GBase-T port switch is more expensive, and it is not very reliable.
  11. P

In case you missed it: FS now has free shipping!

Yes, I also got email from my rep. Really impressed by their change from slow shipping, fast shipping, shipping from South America and now shipping is free.
  12. P

Compatible SFP+ cable for Mikrotik CRS226-24G-2S+

If you still use QSFP+ module with LC interface, of course you can reuse this patch cable. But for 40G connection, optical module with MTP interface and MTP fiber patch cable is more advisable. If you feel puzzled with the difference between LC interfaced and MTP interfaced QSFP+, you can read...
  13. P

Compatible SFP+ cable for Mikrotik CRS226-24G-2S+

These two AOC cables are the same. But for the distance about 20 meters, you'd better choose a 10G SR module with fiber patch cables, 10G SR SFP fiber transceiver from FS.COM is just $16http://www.fs.com/products/11552.html, and a 20m duplex LC patch cable is about...
  14. P

Cheap 10Gbit TOR Switch, ES-16-XG?

If you will run fiber instead of DAC cables with the UBNT switch, of course ES-16-XG switch is a good choice.
  15. P

Which SFP+ 10GBE cables are compatible?

1. The easiest way to ensure your cable and transceiver can work with your switch and card is to buy the same branded cables and modules as your switch and cards, but you must know that original-branded modules are very expensive, and currently most users prefer to use 3-rd party optics. FS.COM...