Recent content by paul inventome

1. P

AsrockRack EP2C602-4L/D16 windows 10 random hangs

No, i just fundamentally believe that this board is not Win 10 compatible because the drivers are out of date. Until ASRock do something about it my advice is no Win 10. I'm running Win 8.1 and it's rock solid. Lots of hardcore Nuke, 3D and very often 24/7 100% CPU and 128GB RAM. It's been a...
  2. P

Dual E5 2670 workstation motherboard recommendation

Just to add some fuel to this. Same motherboard. Win 10 clean install - lots of resets and freezes. Swap SSD and Win 8.1 Pro install, so far so much more stable. It's got to be some serious incompatibility with Win 10. This is with the Asrock Sandy Bridge INF drivers on their site, that...
  3. P

Asrock Rack EP2C602 and Windows 10 - no more random crashes

I actually installed Win 8.1 Pro, just swapped a SSD and went from scratch. Full install, ASRock INF files and normal drivers and then all the 8.1 Patches. So far i've not had a single reset, well apart from when trying to install nvidia drivers. Too early to say for sure but 8.1 seems...
  4. P

I'm going through a Windows 8.1 Pro install at the moment onto a separate drive, once that's done i'll swap them back and check the logs on the Win 10. I've only seen one blue screen though, normally it's a full reset. I have to say so far the 8.1 seems more responsive in terms of copying and...
  5. P

Asrock Rack EP2C602 and Windows 10 - no more random crashes

This is interesting. I have the EP2C602 4L16 It has USB2 ports so keyboard and mouse are no problem. I've been able to install Windows 10/Windows 8 but i do get hangs. But the latest INF drivers on the intel site will error if i attempt to install. On the ASRockRack site there is a version for...
  6. P

PSU is 1000w a bequiet supply, should be plenty (i think - but how can i monitor that?) The RAM is 10600R 8GB Modules ECC DDR3 1333MHz 09-10-E1-P1, seem to be HP based. Is there anything else about the RAM i need to supply? thanks! Paul
  7. P

Subject says it all but i'm looking for some advice as to how to go about troubleshooting this and the best way to narrow down issues. That's the motherboard and on it are dual 2673W V1 with 114GB of Ram (two slots had dud dimms so until i get those replaced we're two dimms down). There's a GTX...
  8. P

Supermicro X10DAL-i Opinions?

I'm not sure what xeons i'd be using yet, largely depends what i can get off eBay that would work. If retail than probably 2630 or 2640v4, if eBay that perhaps some V3 versions. Not sure i want to go down the ES route although they seem to be abundant on there. The other possible board is the...
  9. P

Supermicro X10DAL-i Opinions?

Hi, first time poster, and not been lurking that long either but thanks to all for such a valuable resource. I'm embarking on a workstation build, mainly vfx work - mostly Nuke, Modo, PPro etc,. So i've been looking for a good motherboard, LGA2011-3 seems to offer the best base. The super...