Recent content by patrick80

1. P

NEW HP T640 Thin Client Ryzen R1505G 4GB 16GF - NO KB/MOUSE, NO OS INSTALLED - $109

Crap, I got distracted and forgot to paste the link: Amazon.com: Ableconn M2-NW107R M.2 Gigabit Ethernet Module (Right Angle RJ-45) - GigaLAN 1000BASE-T PCIe x1 M.2 A-E Key: Computers & Accessories It's a different adapter than the one you were talking about.
  2. P

NEW HP T640 Thin Client Ryzen R1505G 4GB 16GF - NO KB/MOUSE, NO OS INSTALLED - $109

Something like this might fit, but the reviews state that it requires a jumper to be soldered in to work properly. The port RJ45 also faces the wrong way, so connecting a cable would be weird. edit: Forgot the link to the adapter I was talking about: Amazon.com: Ableconn M2-NW107R M.2 Gigabit...
  3. P

I get a warning in from the system tray, I just dismiss it. I think it's generated by Windows 10 rather than Lenovo Vantage, but I am subject to being mistaken. This is a P1 Gen 2, so very similar to your system as you said. I haven't notice a performance hit, but I'm mostly just browsing the...
  4. P

Have you tried powering it directly through the USB-C port? I power my Lenovo P1 at home with an Apple USB-C power supply and at work with a lenovo brick that plugs into the proprietary power jack.
  5. P

Introduction to the HP t640 Thin client - your cheap little AMD NUC7 alternative

To answer my own question, the Realtek ethernet works on a fresh install of Ubuntu server without additional configuration. I installed the OS first without having an ethernet cable plugged in and tried to configure the interface and DHCP client after the install, but after editing one config...
  6. P

@WANg I just got mine a few minutes ago. I paid $102+shipping. I took some photos to show off my rs232 card and wifi card, but I see you beat me to it. Both were an unexpected bonus. I appreciate all your posts about these machines.
  7. P

Introduction to the HP t640 Thin client - your cheap little AMD NUC7 alternative

Thank you. I'll see if I can find anything reasonably priced. I've got a larger SSD on the way, and the t640 should be in my hands before the end of the week. I'm looking forward to having something new to tinker with. I also see that the onboard ethernet controller is Realtek. Do you know if...
  8. P

Thank you for the extensive write-up about these machines WANg. I just ordered one of these off ebay. I recently got a few things running on a Raspberry Pi 3, and I'm concerned about the SD card failing and this machine seems to be the perfect upgrade with lots of excess capacity. Does anyone...