Recent content by Patrick Wingert

1. P

HPE DL60 G9 SPP install issue on machine that was never updated since 2014

I am using it in that configuration. It has the original 8Gb stick of ram it shipped with and no extra card and 1TB HDD. Its passing self-test to get into the iLO fine. No errors in the error log either. I am wondering if I have to go back to the first SPP after the BIOS date and do the update...
  2. P

I need to update it because the Red Hat Enterprise Developers edition I want to install won't work on the current firmware edition. I also can not run Xen or Windows server 2016 or 2019 or Ubuntu 20.0x because of bugs in the firmware that are corrected in later versions. The only OS I can...
  3. P

I am trying to install the SPP2003 which I obtained off HP's website. I boot into ILO and arrange to install the SPP by booting from a USB and select autoinstall. it goes away for about 15 seconds then kicks out to the ILO command line. Any suggestions for where to go next. This machine was...
  4. P

Ubiquity ES-16-XG will these work?

I agree with you that this is not the right product for me to deploy given its current state. There has only been incremental improvements in the last several months and it looks like this will not be market ready for several years. But it makes me wonder where would it be suitable to deploy...
  5. P

I am just concerned that over the course of a year we are still seeing issues regarding a number of elements the copper 10g ports, an continuing lack of DAC cables support (Still far too selective which suggests that Ubunt does not consider this a priority) and the review here indicating some...
  6. P

After reading both the review on thissite and the following: In its current state, Ubiquiti's EdgeSwitch won't have much of an edge on anyone I am electing to hold off deployment of these for two firmware revisions or six months to see if the issues resolve themselves to my and my customers...