Recent content by Parallax

1. P

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

In the first post I noted the Gen 2 and earlier chipset maximum is 128GB but there aren't DDR4 SODIMMs larger than 32GB that I can find, hence the practical limit is 2x32GB = 64GB. Edit to add : You should be able to do more with DDR5 SODIMMs since they go to 48GB at the moment, probably more...
  2. P

Hasivo S600WP-5GT-2S+

Tack for det! I'll see if I need the 5m setting, I'm going to try a 7m "Cisco" DAC. Have you thought of sending your firmware through to the folks working on the OpenWRT implementation to see if there's anything they can discover from it? As you found there aren't (m)any firmware updates...
  3. P

Hasivo S600WP-5GT-2S+

I would say it's fine in general and bordering on excellent considering the price paid (I went through TaoBao/Superbuy which made it ridiculously cheap at the time). It's not an enterprise switch in terms of features and useability, but once you've gone through and set it all up you largely...
  4. P

Don't see why not. If you intend to use multiple VLANs a four port card might come in useful, but two port is fine too and you can use the onboard NIC for management.
  5. P

I'm not currently aware of any that *don't* fit, let's put it that way. Event the four x 2.5GbE cards. As a note, if you're not running ESXi you may as well pick up an Realtek chipset card - they're arguably more reliable at 2.5GbE than Intel's (many) attempts. For ESXi obviously Intel will be...
  6. P

Those are the environmental temperatures, in other words the ambient temperature around the card - ie, don't keep it in a fridge, don't run it in the middle of the desert in summer, don't store it in a (relatively cool) oven. The maximum operating temperature for the chip is 105C, so you're...
  7. P

It's actually in the first post, in the end note bullets. But, looking at it again, I might write it a bit better.
  8. P

Is that the CPU temperature? If so that sounds way too hot to start with. I get ~60C with six Tinys stacked like books about 1cm apart and 5mm top clearance in the top shelf of an IKEA Besta media cabinet with a closed door; they all have 10GbE cards and DACs and there's just one Arctic 140mm TC...
  9. P

Yeah, it's not just a standard PCIe slot that any riser will work with, unfortunately. Many Bothans died to bring us this information.
  10. P

Yes ... hence the relevant section in the first post. People have destroyed their Tinys using the wrong riser.
  11. P

@Earru don't use this riser, it will fry your motherboard. I believe the P3 Tiny is the same as an M90q Gen 3, so as per the first post you should use riser part number 5C50W00910.
  12. P

Sorry, but you're wrong. You've confused GB (gigaBYTES) per second with Gb (gigaBITS) per second, so 1GBps for 3.0 X1 is more or less 10Gbps, ie it could theoretically support 4 2.5GbE ports. Obviously in reality there's overhead and I wouldn't expect more than 7-8Gbps, but that's still plenty...
  13. P

The requisite cards usually come with a ribbon cable and the RJ45 connector on a separate board. If you're not using the PCIe slot you can knock out a port cover in the blanking plate at the back and screw the RJ45 port in, I did this and from the outside it looks like it was made at the factory...
  14. P

Well you can do either, the WiFi card slot can support a 2.5GbE NIC and realistically the PCIe slot up to 4x 2.5GbE or 4x 1GbE, or 2x 10GbE. Depends on what you want to spend, it's not just the cost of the card, it's also the associated switches.