Recent content by packmule

1. P

Multiple Subnets on Multiple Switches, No VLAN

Going back to the title of your thread "Multiple Subnets on Multiple Switches, No VLAN" ... there is always a VLAN, even if it's untagged and the default VLAN 1. You can have multiple IP subnets on a single VLAN. With multiple subnets on a single VLAN, you are putting multiple L3 broadcast...
  2. P

Multiple Subnets on Multiple Switches, No VLAN

Lots of great suggestions here, centered around understanding your existing environment and your goals. I've read all your posts, and it's still not clear to me how your existing Ubiquiti network is configured. Can you share a topology diagram? How many VLANs do you have? How many IP...
  3. P

A bunch of Juniper SRX300 firewalls dumped cheap

The SRX300 is current hardware. It will likely be supported for at least the next 3-4 years before EOL.
  4. P

A bunch of Juniper SRX300 firewalls dumped cheap

I've always been impressed with the SRX line. I first played with them back when they introduced the SRX-210. I don't think there's a meaningful route / switch / l4 firewall feature they lack for an enterprise environment. Juniper isn't my choice for ngfw, but they make great gear. The...
  5. P

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I bought my first 6610-48P today! Thank you Fohdeesha for putting this information together. It's hard to beat a dirt cheap access switch that has the feature set to function in a collapsed core, distribution or datacenter role. These 6610s are swiss army knives for home lab networks! I...