Recent content by Opensupport.it

1. O

cpu temperature A1SAi-2750F fanless and cse-721tq-250b

What good temperature cpu without a fan? I have a new mainboard in a supermicro case (mini itx case not rack) and I have a temperature 10 ° higher than an other mainboard in consumer case. I would like to understand what operating temperature it should work or add other fan inside the...
  2. O

Avoton MB with 64GB Ram?

I would like to take banks of 16GB modules of Intelligent Memory, do you know if I have to have a specific version of bios on the c2750?
  3. O

Memory for old supermicro A1SAi-2750F

yes but i have 2 mainboard without ram end i need more memory +32gb if possible.
  4. O

Memory for old supermicro A1SAi-2750F

I need to urgently upgrade ram but is more difficult find this type, mainboar is old. from site: System Memory Memory Capacity 4x 204-pin DDR3 SO-DIMM socket Supports up to 64GB DDR3 ECC Un-Buffered memory Memory Type 1600/1333MHz ECC DDR3 SDRAM, 204-pin gold-plated DIMMs DIMM...
  5. O

raid card IBM M5014

i have raid card inside on supermicro SC721TQ-250B Mini-tower, on backplane i connect 4 sata drive with controller cable. on linux with megacli i try to blink respective drive, but not work. i need to connect other cable for this? i not find any documentation. tnks.
  6. O

info about supermicro case

in the Case Chenbro SR30169 i put a - Controlle Raid: ServerRaid M5014 and i put a fan (40x40) over heat sink. (and i need to modify the case laterally with some hole for fan air) I will still need the fan for controller inside Mini-tower SC721TQ-250B (and modify the case?) none have the same...
  7. O

controller fan or not??

i need tu update my case server for homelab. now i have inside - Case: Chenbro SR30169 - Mainboard: Supermicro A1SAi-2750F (Atom avoton) - Controlle Raid: ServerRaid M5014 and i put a fan (40x40) over heat sink. (and i need to modify the case laterally) I would like to update the case with...
  8. O

yes i see this site and video first, but not understand if disk are sufficiently cooled or not...
  9. O

i need to buy a supermicro Mini-tower SC721TQ-250B for a mini-itx board atom C2750 (superimicro). now i use a chenbro sr30169 in similar board, which guarantees an air flow on the disks and passive cooler of board. system are in my homelab in house 1) Are all disks sufficiently cooled in this...
  10. O

supermicro A1SAi-2750F memory

my customer find this: Crucial 8GB DDR3L-1600 ECC SODIMM - CT102472BF160B or Kingston - kvr16lse11/8 good?
  11. O

supermicro A1SAi-2750F memory

I have to add new ram, but I can not find the one requested by the producer (and not even the model I already use "Hynix 8 GB ECC DDR3 SO-DIMM HMT41GA7BFR8A-PB" x2 module ) do you have any suggestions? can i mix ram? tnks
  12. O

Anyone have experience with Opnsense?

yes i think the same, i have some i386 oldbox pfsense, and the new version not have support fot this hardware. my opinion is that netgate try to change gradually pfsense to limit installation on all device to prefer their appliance.... not that opnsense does not do it, but for now the project it...
  13. O

Anyone have experience with Opnsense?

i need to realize a new firewal with some function (qos/shaping/failover) on an alix apu2c4 board. now i use iptables only but only console managemetn is hard on complex situation.... pfsense vs opnsense? suggestion?
  14. O

fan speed PWM (4-pin) oscillation

I have a problem with a fan connected directly in mainboard supermicro A1SAi-2750F. First test i use the generic case fan 4pin (no data spech) the fan speed oscillation up and down and mainboard give alert. i buy another fan NF F12 PWM same problem... I fix temporary with a custom build cable...
  15. O

Cheap numbercrunching workstation

you use this as a server? H24 power on? i'm interesting to buil similar system