Recent content by opensourcefan

1. O

Playing with "Sygil" WebUI docker and Stable Diffusion

I've been using ComfyUI for the past few weeks. The node workflow just works for me. Tried Auto111, it worked but seemed limited. Stable Diffusion is really cool. Seems to be a decent way to dip your toes into AI Models, processing, iterations etc.
  2. O

PCIe Card Storage Ideas

Oh that's great, guess the clamshells might be the easiest option.
  3. O

PCIe Card Storage Ideas

I do like this sorta idea. You can easily see the ports for identification and vertical stacking saves space. Curious what material would be best for antistatic. I was thinking of 3d printing some modular stands or something outta PLA?
  4. O

PCIe Card Storage Ideas

I have a pile of cards accumulating, so far they're just bagged and piled in a box. Curious if anyone has any sort of storage ideas that will protect them but at the same time make them easy to organize, identify and retrieve.
  5. O

Used GPU recommendations for R730 AI build.

I apologize and honestly, I had no idea of what I was building either. I ended up building a Stable Diffusion instance with a ComfyUI front end. It's running as a VM on my R720 Proxmox machine. In respect to the GPU, after some trials I settled on a new RTX 3060 12Gb. It's low power, suitable...
  6. O

Canada FOUND - WTB: 4Tb 3.5" SAS 6Gbs Drives

Thank you to @wittyet for an easy transaction! Drives received, as described, shipped promptly, packed well. :)
  7. O

Home rack heat evacuation techniques?

My 32U rack is full, cool air intake at front, exhaust all out the rear. I have a front door but rear is fully open. I'm thinking of building a tent type enclosure encompassing the whole rear hooked up to a duct and to a large low RPM fan to draw the hot air out to a specific direction. Is this...
  8. O

Used GPU recommendations for R730 AI build.

I'm looking to build a dedicated AI machine based off of a R730. I'd like to pick up some used GPU's for internal processing only. I'd like to throw in as many as it'll hold and power. Does anyone have any recommendations for what might work without spending a pile of money? I currently have a...
  9. O

SCAM ALERT?

I just feel a bit apprehensive about reporting someone unless it's really really obvious. They may just be socially awkward or something along with being new.
  10. O

SCAM ALERT?

Yep, me to, this is what I got from him... I've got kinda the same from others as well.
  11. O

SCAM ALERT?

I continue to get messages from immediate new members with obviously no posts about my WTB posted items. They usually state they have whatever and either redirect me outside of here or asking for my shipping address right off the bat. When I ask for photos with a username in the pic and advise...
  12. O

[US][FS] Dell R730xd 24x2.5", dual 2667v4 + extras

Oh so tempted, I've never had NVME in a server or 25G so that could be new rabbit holes.
  13. O

Canada FOUND - WTB: 4Tb 3.5" SAS 6Gbs Drives

Looking for the above, qty 6 or more would be best depending on mileage and price. In Canada so if anyone has any available please contact.
  14. O

WHY SHOPPING AT RETAIL.ERA.CA IS RISKY

They are actually quite "sketch" and it's in the companies DNA. I've been doing some research and found a few things on them which really shows their true colors. 2013 - Non-profit association has an explosive relationship with big recyclers | Vancouver Sun 2018 - They were investigated by...
  15. O

WHY SHOPPING AT RETAIL.ERA.CA IS RISKY

Yes, very wise words. That is what I started doing at the end, it's a gamble for the sum of the parts. Although you can't even be sure of what you're buying so really it's just throwing money at them and hoping you get something of value in return. They were upset with me because I was...