Recent content by obrienmd

1. O

[Sold] [FS] [US/WA/Seattle] 4x (3x) Data Direct SS8460 4U 84x LFF JBOD $1k for all

Last day for pickup in Tukwila folks, I'll consider all offers :)
  2. O

[Sold] [FS] [US/WA/Seattle] 4x (3x) Data Direct SS8460 4U 84x LFF JBOD $1k for all

Yep, Friday (don't want to ask techs to go out post-5pm today)
  3. O

If anyone can pick up by tomorrow, TheServerGuy and I are having trouble getting shipment coordinated by then. Shoot me an offer, just need to get these out of the DC, and would prefer to get these to an STHer rather than a local used gear megarecycler.
  4. O

And... just kidding, really need to get these out of the datacenter this week, so dropping to $1k for all :)
  5. O

Agreed, they're pretty darn noisy :) Would much prefer to sell them locally!
  6. O

Sorry, I can only wheel them out to the curb - thanks for the offer!
  7. O

Final (not really, as it turns out) price drop, $1,800 for all, then dumping these things on eBay. $600/ea for tested 84-bay JBODs, plus one that's at least a solid parts donor and might work fine with one controller active :)
  8. O

Nope - played around with it, but with plotting resources and the stratospheric network size growth, didn't seem worth thinking too hard about...
  9. O

***Gone*** Asking $1,000 for all. I can't remember the last time I listed something on a forum for sale, so I'll consider any reasonable payment type :) Local pickup in Seattle (Tukwila, technically a Seattle address) You'll need a large vehicle - these things are 36" long, and super heavy...
  10. O

The Dell PowerEdge C6220 Thread

Interesting, thanks! BIOS is upgraded, and cabling looks OK (but it is a bit hairy). I'm going to wait for our mezzanine SAS2008 cards and see how that goes, then will dig into this further if necessary. Thanks again for the info dump!
  11. O

Did a bit more digging. I think this may be due to my configurable SAS backplane, which does not allow "straight" SATA usage. I need both PCIe slots, so I'm grabbing a few SAS 2008 mezzanine cards to test... Does this sound sane?
  12. O

Strangely, booting into Ubuntu gives COMRESET errors... It sees _something_ on AHCI (maybe), but maybe ghosts, as even when only a few drives are connected it fails on ata1-4. Have tried a variety of drives / caddies across both nodes.