Recent content by NOTORIOUS VR

1. N

Napp-it - NFS Read bottleneck?

I've noticed lately that once there is some load on the server, there seems to be a heavy (random?) read bottleneck that I really do not know how to put my finger on. dd writes seem to be ok, but reads either get stuck or something - not quite sure at this point. eg. around 3-4 Plex streams...
  2. N

NAPP-IT log errors - too many connections

odd - appliance tuning always worked (for years) for me right up until now when I updated to 19.x homeversion... Anyway here is /etc/system... * napp-it_tuning_begin: * set my tuning option default * enable sata hotplug set sata:sata_auto_online=1 * set disk timeout 15s (default 60s=0x3c) set...
  3. N

@gea I was just going to show you the appliance tuning option page I am (was?) using (your default performance one) - but it seems you have removed that feature in the latest home version of napp-it? I just updated before to your latest 19.x home version.... so I downgraded back to 18.12q but...
  4. N

Going through the logs, not quote sure what is causing these errors - attempted a google search but didn't come up with anything about it (suppose it's a tricky search) Jan 31 08:55:57 batcavefs /usr/lib/nfs/nfsd[631]: [ID 696744 daemon.warning] too many connections (5), releasing oldest (11)...
  5. N

ZFS Benchmarks - how to they look?

I have one 8x slot left on my Mainboard and I was thinking of using an Supermicro AOC-SLG3-2M2 - would a single DC P4801X be sufficient?
  6. N

Fantastic, thank you both for the help!
  7. N

Hi Gea, thanks. Can I assume I need a separate Optane for every Pool or can one be used for more than one at a time? Also re. recsize would I have to move data off and destroy the pool to change it? I very much appreciate the time you took to look and write your response. I will look for...
  8. N

I'm trying to optimize my file server - but not sure if I am even seeing reasonable performance as it is, so maybe someone can look at the benchmark results below and let me know if I am in the ballpark of what should/could be expected? Napp-it 028_v4 is running in a VM (ESXi 6.5) - controllers...
  9. N

Permissions help - Writing via NFS, SMB W/X ok but unable to delete?

Hi Gea, I thought so too - and I have done this as noted above but even after resetting the ACL's through napp-it I cannot delete these specific files/folders unless I am root on the napp-it server via ssh or via root-ssh on the other server that is connected to the share via NFS. I can...
  10. N

OK even stranger now.... It doesn't happen with all folders created by the NFS write... So maybe it is not a permissions issue after all and something else is happening? Maybe something is actually keeping the files/folders open (even though I never open anything)? Is there any tool to check...
  11. N

The issue is that making a file/folder in windows (or by root users from napp-it shell) does not have this effect. So I do not see how it can be an ACL/permissions issue set by windows or napp-it server. As you can see above the ACL's are correct. Only new files/folders made/copied by the...
  12. N

I seem to have mucked something up somewhere permissions wise - Everything works as I think it should I can open/run the files/folders except when I go to delete files/folders via SMB (Windows) - it just doesn't delete. No errors, no complaining from Windows at all. It just doesn't do anything...
  13. N

Looking to update OmniOS/NAPP-IT from r151014

Sorry if I seem thick.. I just don't quite follow. Do you mean I should install Solaris (say on a new VM), install the utils on it and then extract the files and copy to my OmniOS VM? EDIT: I cannot seem to install it on Solaris either...