Recent content by NOTORIOUS VR

1. N

ZFS Benchmarks - how to they look?

I have one 8x slot left on my Mainboard and I was thinking of using an Supermicro AOC-SLG3-2M2 - would a single DC P4801X be sufficient?
  2. N

Fantastic, thank you both for the help!
  3. N

Hi Gea, thanks. Can I assume I need a separate Optane for every Pool or can one be used for more than one at a time? Also re. recsize would I have to move data off and destroy the pool to change it? I very much appreciate the time you took to look and write your response. I will look for...
  4. N

I'm trying to optimize my file server - but not sure if I am even seeing reasonable performance as it is, so maybe someone can look at the benchmark results below and let me know if I am in the ballpark of what should/could be expected? Napp-it 028_v4 is running in a VM (ESXi 6.5) - controllers...
  5. N

Permissions help - Writing via NFS, SMB W/X ok but unable to delete?

Hi Gea, I thought so too - and I have done this as noted above but even after resetting the ACL's through napp-it I cannot delete these specific files/folders unless I am root on the napp-it server via ssh or via root-ssh on the other server that is connected to the share via NFS. I can...
  6. N

OK even stranger now.... It doesn't happen with all folders created by the NFS write... So maybe it is not a permissions issue after all and something else is happening? Maybe something is actually keeping the files/folders open (even though I never open anything)? Is there any tool to check...
  7. N

The issue is that making a file/folder in windows (or by root users from napp-it shell) does not have this effect. So I do not see how it can be an ACL/permissions issue set by windows or napp-it server. As you can see above the ACL's are correct. Only new files/folders made/copied by the...
  8. N

I seem to have mucked something up somewhere permissions wise - Everything works as I think it should I can open/run the files/folders except when I go to delete files/folders via SMB (Windows) - it just doesn't delete. No errors, no complaining from Windows at all. It just doesn't do anything...
  9. N

Looking to update OmniOS/NAPP-IT from r151014

Sorry if I seem thick.. I just don't quite follow. Do you mean I should install Solaris (say on a new VM), install the utils on it and then extract the files and copy to my OmniOS VM? EDIT: I cannot seem to install it on Solaris either...
  10. N

I've searched for a few hours on how to compile it all on OmniOS but I'm probably just not that smart. any sites you can point me to that would help me get that done?
  11. N

No it is your latest v4 template for Napp-it/Omni-OS
  12. N

I'm having the same issue as before... it can't find the package?
  13. N

NAPP-IT - Moving whole pool - DATAMOVER or no?

Alright then, thank you for the info. I'll use mc via the console to make the simple move instead of the rule based datamover now that you've explained it. Cheers!
  14. N

NAPP-IT - Moving whole pool - DATAMOVER or no?

Hi Gea, wondering if I should consider using the datamover tool in napp-it for transferring all of my data from my existing pool to my new pool? If yes can I just choose the pool (no specific folder/ZFS file system) or do I have to do it file system by file system? Or is there a better way to...