Recent content by nonyhaha

1. N

R680E motherboards compatibility

Hello, I am just updateing my homelab hardware for even lower power draw, so I thought I will move from an i7 11700F + quadro p400 + 64gb ddr4 to I12 12500T with 64gb DDR5. While searching for different options on motherboards, i stumbled upon some R680E chipset motherboards on ebay, like...
  2. N

Evolution from Storage Spaces

At the moment I am not having any issues because on server side everything is looking good. The problem is that on the client side, any file owner appears as "nobody", thus making it impossible to run apps hosted on that nfs share as a linux user. And I would like for the clients to display...
  3. N

Hello, thanks for the quick reply. On the server side, I created a new folder on one of the pools for testing.(new zfs filesystem from the webgui) These are the permissions for that new folder: drwxrwxrwx+ 4 root root 4 Nov 3 08:01 merge I mounted this share on my client. I can...
  4. N

In the end, after swapping everything - case, all hardware including all hard drives, from time to time I still get random errors on one drive, and I narrowed it down to the drive missing connection with the adapter. I can blame this on small vibrations over time, creating disconnects between...
  5. N

Hard drive errors, don't know where to start

no more errors on a new scrub. I am sure the disks are all ok as they are all brand new. So I'll leave it at that for now.
  6. N

The CKSUM errors should go away on a new scrub, or should I use zpool clear prior to starting the new scrub job?
  7. N

I reseated the cables again and waited for the next planned scrub to happen. Just for tracking, the scrub completed with the following results: status: One or more devices has experienced an unrecoverable error. An attempt was made to correct the error. Applications are unaffected...
  8. N

dmesg: https://pastebin.com/RpzPLHGM
  9. N

It is very frustrating as I have already replaced hba card, breakout cables, mb cpu ram and psu and disks :)) so everything. I had this issue on 2 different versions of nappit.
  10. N

Hello everybody, I have been having issues with a nappit install on an esxi host and I do not know where to go from here. Hardware config 1: 4x12tb sata drives + 4x1tb ssds on a Dell H310 in IT mode. Each 4 drives on one sff8087 to 4x sas connectors breakout cable. HP Z420 mb, e52680v2...
  11. N

Do these benchmarks look normal for napp-it?

For my fast needs, the pool made of ssds should be enough. Would i need to enable sync if using a live ups? The only thing i could think of going bad would be a component failing badly, like psu, motherboard, cpu, ram, controller that could affect the situation, correct?
  12. N

Hi Gea, thanks for the usual fast reply. 1. I am now running on an i5 10400t :) 4 cores allocated to napp-it vm. 5 cores to the windows vm. 32gb ddr4 2666 allocated to napp-it, 20gb to windows. Vms are stored on a separate nvme, directly allocated to esxi. Vnics are all set to vmxnet3. All...
  13. N

Hello, I have been using for some time napp-it and have recently moved away from server grade equipment to consumer grade, because I needed to lower power consumption of my server. I have the following results while testing transfer rates between two vms on an esxi host: (see attachments) Disks...
  14. N

The evolution of a home server

Hello again, I forgot to ask. Do you think it is better for the drives to start/stop on demand, or run continuously? Is it worth putting the drives to sleep, or is this only a power concern? L.E. Finished assembling the homelab, as I am not sure I can call it a server now...
  15. N

The evolution of a home server

I am using raidz1 zfs pools on nappit software. I am not sure I could do that. I will try looking into it.