Recent content by noduck

1. N

Raising ATX 24 power connector

I want to use a Pico PSU to power a mini-ITX server board. However, the DIMM slots are very close to the ATX 24 connector. With the Pico PSU plugged in it is (almost?) touching the DIMM. There are ATX 24 extension cables, but they are all much longer than needed. I can also find angled...
  2. N

802.11be the cheap way.... <$40

Interesting. Hadn't thought of DIY APs since mesing with Linksys WRT54. What do you use to build a complete AP: board/case/OS? Anything that is PoE-powered, and can go on the wall/ceiling?
  3. N

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Port 1/2/1: Type : 10GE Passive Twinax 5m (SFP +) (Not supported) Vendor: CISCO-TYCO Version: R Part# : 1-2053783-3 Serial#: TED1729C53N I think you can safely ignore that message. I also have a 6450, and all my DACs say "(Not supported)", they work anyway.
  4. N

2.5 PCB-only backplane

Which brand/model backplane are you using? Do you happen to have any photos of the installation?
  5. N

2.5 PCB-only backplane

I only use SSDs. Fans, thermal expansion/contraction and external vibrations should be the only concerns. I was thinking with the reduced weight (especially if the cases is off), these movements would have minimal impact.
  6. N

2.5 PCB-only backplane

I am trying to clean up the mounting and cabling for 10 2.5 SSD SATA drives in a short rack mount server case (ideally able to grow to 12-16 drives). Currently the drives are individually cabled for data and power, mounted in pairs in 3.5 drive cages. This is a lot of cabling and mounting, for...
  7. N

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

FYI, this PCIe to M.2 cable works for me to install an NVMe drive in the CX770: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TKYMQXZ?psc=1 Plug into the PCIe slot, bend cable down behind the CPU (it will not fit nicely), twist the cable 90 degrees halfway, and the M.2 module lands on top of the left...
  8. N

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

Regarding the unexpected reboots, is it possible you have a watchdog enabled? Don't remember if this is configured in the BIOS or the BMC.
  9. N

HP NC550 firmware?

Sorry, I don't use Windows. The NIC already worked in Linux before the firmware upgrade.
  10. N

Mikrotik CRS310-1G-5S-4S+in interVLAN routing at line speed?

I think you are looking at information for older version of RouterOS. Try: L3 Hardware Offloading - RouterOS - MikroTik Documentation. Specifically for CRS310 it says L3HW offload supported since version 7.1, and "These devices do not support Fasttrack or NAT connection offloading."
  11. N

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

Thanks for the background. I am trying to find a way to get an SFP+ card mounted inside the existing case, or a different case.
  12. N

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

Sounds like a nice build. Are you still using the original case, and how did you mount the GPU?
  13. N

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

I recently got a CX700 on eBay. It came with 2x2GB DIMM, 160GB Intel SSD, 320GB HDD. This BIOS is 4.6.5.4 (build 02/12/2014 19:05:01). I have completed the following: The BIOS was accessible through the serial console. In the BIOS I changed the serial console to be 115200 (instead of the...
  14. N

I am using a Netgear MS510TX for this purpose; it works really well for multi-Gig, several RJ45 with various combinations of speeds and one SFP+. It was $210 when I bought it 2 years ago (I cannot find it for sale now). I bought it before I got any of the Brocade switches. Of course, it does...
  15. N

I'm looking to replace a 7150-c12p; I need more ports, both 1G and 10G. For my needs, 6450-24p seems to match. Should I be concerned that firmware is limited to 8.0.30 while 7x50 is 8.0.90 and up? 8.0.30 revisions have still been released since EOL. I already have a 7250-24p, and it is...