Recent content by [Nobody]

1. N

Power Consumption of HBA Controllers: Dell Perc H310

That's normal. You can try to optimize IT with ASPM
  2. N

Supermicro X9 + HBA = No Network Interface found

I found a solution: acitvate Bifurcation on this slot to 8x8.
  3. N

Something I found out: lsipci -v gives me this: 04:00.0 Serial Attached SCSI controller: Broadcom / LSI SAS2008 PCI-Express Fusion DeviceName: Onboard Intel i350 Ethernet I think there is something wrong with the IOMMU Group.
  4. N

I installed Proxmox 7.4 on my Supermicro X9SRI-F (8.1 resulted in "frequency out of range" on the video output). and everything worked fine and upgraded to 8.1. Then I took my HBA (Dell Perc H310 flashed to IT mode) from another server and placed it in the lower-most (PCI-E 3.0 8x) slot. Now my...
  5. N

Using IPMI tool on X10 SuperMicro board - fan speed

I know. I set the fan Mode to Full, according to the tutorials. Then I entered the ipmi command to reduce the fan speed of both segments to 15 %, but they're still at 100 %
  6. N

I Set the threshold higher. But still no change of Fan speed
  7. N

I got a X10SRA-F and I would like to control the fans since they're going crazy. Fan1 = CPU 120mm Fan2-3 = 120 mm Fan 4-5 = 80 mm I already set the thresholds, but they're still going mad. FAN1 | 1600.000 | RPM | nr | 100.000 | 200.000 | 300.000 | 900.000 |...
  8. N

Project TinyMiniMicro: Reviving Small Corporate Desktops

I'm interested about these tiny PCs as well. But since I'm using Proxmox with ZFS (with 14 SSDs at the moment) and ECC, I have some concerns about moving to a system with less SSD slots, no ECC, no PCI-E for 10g and so on..
  9. N

HP SAS Expander Wiki

I got an H240 and would like to connect it to a 16x sas3 (4x mini-sas) Backplane filled SATA 3 SSDs. How can I so this? Which cheap Expander would give me roughly no bottleneck?
  10. N

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

Would you suggest buying a M910q tiny with i5 7500t? Does it support AMT? It is quite cheap, but doesn't have 2* M.2 nor PCI-E Slot for 10G card.
  11. N

Reduce Power Consumption

The Server runs 24/7
  12. N

Reduce Power Consumption

Back to topic please!
  13. N

Reduce Power Consumption

So yeah, what should I do? a second H240 or an expander? Or even a 16i HBA? The H310 needs ~13 W and that's alot. That's why I throw it out.
  14. N

Reduce Power Consumption

here it is about 30 €/month
  15. N

Reduce Power Consumption

I don't know how it is at your location, but here we have to pay 0.45 €/kWh. 2TB are SMR, that's why I currently have 6*500 GB (which I throw out) and 4*1TB. Each eats about 0.5 - 1W. I want to go full SSD in the future, that's why I don't go for 3.5". Further, I have a 16x 2.5" 7mm backplane...