Recent content by noacess

1. N

Intel server case with 8 hot swap 3.5" bays for $200 with free US shipping

Just to answer my own question, below might be some information others are looking for. Looks like I just need to find or make adapters to go from 6 pins down to 4. LX chassis fans are a 6-wire/6-pin style designed to plug into 6-pin headers. The extra signals provide for fan redundancy and...
  2. N

Intel server case with 8 hot swap 3.5" bays for $200 with free US shipping

Does anyone know what the pinout is of the fan connectors? I'm trying to figure out what the best way to use these with a non-intel motherboard given how short the cables are. Thanks!
  3. N

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Anything that might impact buying decisions? :D
  4. N

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I'm considering picking up either an ICX6650 or a Arista DCS-7050Q for a mix of QSFP+ and SFP+. Anyone know how the fan noise compares between these? Power consumption seems like it would be similar. Thanks!
  5. N

Supermicro CSE-PTJBOD-CB3 Password

I just wanted to post a quick update as I finally got this resolved. Doing the reset unfortunately didn't help. I ended up contacting supermicro and they no longer program these boards to have ADMIN/ADMIN as the the default credentials. The user is still ADMIN but the password is printed on a...
  6. N

Supermicro CSE-PTJBOD-CB3 Password

Hey everyone, I recently purchased a new CSE-PTJBOD-CB3 to replace a CB2 that I had in my JBOD. The issue I'm having is while I can get to the web interface, I can't login. I've tried ADMIN/ADMIN and admin/admin but neither work. I've also tried holding down the reset button the the JBOD for...
  7. N

Arista 7150S Fan mod

I did end up doing what you suggested and it fixed the issue in that at least it made the errors go away. I'll probably just leave it like this since its in my basement and temps are pretty low. I just wish there was a OS setting where I could tell the switch a new min/max so it could set the...
  8. N

Arista 7150S Fan mod

Hey everyone, I'm trying to quiet my Arista 7150S down a bit with some Noctua NF-A4x20 PWM fans. The problem I'm having is the switch is throwing the error below. Any ideas on how/if this can be reconfigured? arista>May 6 19:11:57 arista Thermostat: %ENVMON-3-FAN_SPEED_TOO_SLOW: The speed...
  9. N

Dell R330 Fan Issue

Hey everyone, I recently picked up a Dell R330 and noticed that it run way louder after I added in a 10GB solarflare network card. Most of the fans are running at ~3000 RPMs but 2 of them are pegged at ~ 9000 RPMs. I tried using ipmi tool to disable the third-party pcie card cooling...
  10. N

WTB E3 v2 CPU for R210ii

I'm looking for a cheap E3 V2 CPU for a Dell R210ii I just bought. Ideally it'd be a E3-1240V2 or up but I'd also consider a E3-1220v2 depending on price. Thanks!
  11. N

WTB: Intel S3710 SSD 400GB

I recently upgraded part of my network to 10Gb so I'd like to find another 400 GB Intel S3710 SSD to match the one I already have to better use this bandwidth via raid 0. Please PM me your best price shipped to 03042 if you have one to sell. My heatware and ebay feedback are under my forum...