Recent content by NLS

1. N

M1015 to 9211-IT ...no disks detected - please help

Most backplanes I've seen have SFF-8484 but anyway. Also if I had a system with a backplane I would probably NOT use my on-board SATA controller. In any case still useless to me. If it was useful to you, you should tell me earlier to send it over.
  2. N

No thanks. Useless to me. The 32 euros I got back were more important. Read: I am Greek. Read #2: Wtf would I need a cable that goes from 4 SATA controller ports to a single SFF-8087 (that most backplanes do NOT use)?
  3. N

OK I have the final update and case close for this: It was the cables. I just received LSI's own "forward" cables and yes, the controller detects the drives AND my motherboard BIOS also does (if I needed to boot from them - which I don't). (quick to dismiss my motherboard and chipset eh?)...
  4. N

Nobody bothered to give an idea (unlike other fora, I have to say). Anyway an update... I flashed the card back to stock M1015 firmware (latest version). NO disks detected again. One thing I noticed is that (like in 9211-8i IT mode WITH mptsas2 bios installed), I cannot invoke configuration...
  5. N

Nobody? I searched around and found there are issues about a "forward" and a "reverse" version of the cable? Correct cable for M1015 and sata drives? - [H]ard|Forum The cable I bought above, I don't see any clear indication... Could that be the issue? Here I found the only proper...
  6. N

OK I (think I) successfully flashed my newly acquired IBM M1015 to LSI9211-8i in IT mode. It was a bit difficult as I needed to find a motherboard that could see the card AND flash it. The first I tried saw the card, but froze when trying to query the card before flashing. Next motherboard...