Recent content by nle

1. N

Where to buy used 6-8-10TB SAS 3.5" drives? (best value)

I ended up going the same route as last time. Buying used 8TB HGST SAS drives on eBay from a reputable seller, and even gave a best offer that knocked the price down with ~100 USD. The drives is about as old as the 4TB HGST SAS models I have. Crossing my fingers. :)
  2. N

Thank you. Do you have any example listings? And shouldn't I use SAS drives? SATA is 6gbps while SAS is 12 gbps (given you have a card that support that speed) Also running ZFS so having more drives is better, speed and redundancy wise?
  3. N

I have a Dell Poweredge T420 with 8 x 4TB SAS drives that are now starting to fail, and I need replacements – and I thought I might as well upgrade a bit. So 6-8-10 TB My problem is that I've not paid attention to this for a while, and I was wondering if you had any recommendations for me. I'm...
  4. N

OmniOS 151036 stable

I've run TimeMachine over SMB for years I think. I have this in my Bonjour/mDNS settings: dns-sd -R "<name>" _adisk._tcp local sys=waMa=0,adVF=0x100 & dns-sd -R "<name>" _adisk._tcp local dk0=adVN=<smb-share>,adVF=0x82 & If you google that, you should get a few hits that explains it. My...
  5. N

Amazon S3 compatible ZFS cloud with minIO

How is duplicati working for you guys? Used it years ago, but it managed to corrupt the database (multiple times), so I ended up using a simpler solution.
  6. N

Amazon S3 compatible ZFS cloud with minIO

Sweet. I missed this. Been using rclone (with a custom backup script) for years (vm with NFS Access) to backup encrypted to GSuite (Google drive). But if I can do it (easily) directly on OmniOS thats sweet.
  7. N

UPS dead, how do I go about troubleshooting/fix it? (Dell UPS 2700R)

So I just got around to use the multimeter. I put it on DC (afaik that is what I should do on batteries) and measured: 34,8V That is quite low, it has 8 x 12V batteries, but it has been sitting for a couple of years, so I guess that's to be expected? The UPS has 8 x Yuasa NPW45--12...
  8. N

Thanks for that, but I think this model is made to be run with faulty batteries – as long as it is connected to a power source. Hope someone can prove me wrong. I do have a multimeter – even though I barely know how to use it – so I will try to check the batteries and report back. In the...
  9. N

I'm from Norway, and our electricity runs on 230v. :) The manual (PDF) states it is available for 120v and 208v also: UPS Output Power 120V 208V 230V 2700W 30A 20A 16A (And I have powered it up earlier, three years ago)
  10. N

I got a Dell UPS 2700R (J727N) in 2017 (I got it "for free" when I bought a server rack). At that time, I lived in a small apartment and did not have the fuse (16A) or space (noise-wise) to run it. It did work perfectly back then, and I played around with it for about a week before putting it in...
  11. N

HP H240 (SAS3 HBA) 30 GBP from EU seller / 34 USD from US seller

How is this card for use with ZFS? Did I understand correctly that it will not show the smart info?
  12. N

How to tell whats new?

@BlueLineSwinger What browser do you use? EDIT: I was going to suggest an greyscale extension, but you can do it with javascript and a bookmark. Add this to a bookmark: javascript:(function(){var...
  13. N

Possible compromised forum?

Just tested in a new "private tab", and can confirm I also got the pop-ups. Typed in servethehome.com, clicked the Nvidia article. iPhone 11 Pro iOS 13.4.1 (17E262) Firefox Version 24.1 (17574) Norway I tried to do the exact same thing again, but did not trigger any thing the second time.
  14. N

Just happened again. I was in the option to turn on the new black theme, saved. Pressed the logo to go to the front page, and when I pressed the menu and forum link it opened a new spam page. Still on iOS no adblock since on 4g (at home I have pihole) So I guess compromised ads? Like mentioned...
  15. N

I’m currently browsing/writing from latest Firefox on iOS and when I click on links (I.e "the flag" top right to get the latest) Firefox opens spam sites in new tabs/window. It happened a few times in one session, but testing in a new window it did not happen, so it looks to be random (as they...