Recent content by Nimesh Bhundia

1. N

EU 6TB HGST Helium SAS Drives <£79

I spotted this auction and have been tempted. The price isn't bad by UK standards. I'm thinking to get one to see if it will work in my unas case. Not sure if the bays will support was, my controller does.
  2. N

EU AIC ARA Motherboard (FCLGA1150, RTX, C226) - Less than 10EUR/piece!

Board arrived, no obvious signs of damage to the socket.
  3. N

EU AIC ARA Motherboard (FCLGA1150, RTX, C226) - Less than 10EUR/piece!

Just grabbed one and one of the the Lenovo adapters for some winter break fun! Thanks
  4. N

EU UK 320GB WD recertified 7.79GBP

We all have different needs. Personally I've been looking to learn and play with freenas. Have all the hardware needed for a 12 unit just don't have 12 identically sized drives. For under 150 I can get a bunch of drives that are identical, low power and cheap for messing about with. I get...
  5. N

EU UK 320GB WD recertified 7.79GBP

https://cpc.farnell.com/wd/wd3200avvs/hard-drive-3-5-320gb-sata-3gb/dp/CS31967 I know not a stellar capacity, but I'm thinking of grabbing a few for testing.
  6. N

FS: Home lab extras: Supermicro Motherboards, CPUs, HBAs and more

LSI 9300-16i 12gbps HBA Is this currently flashed wit IT firmware? I live in the UK, but will be in my NY offices from 01/13 to 01/20, would you be able to accept a Paypal FF payment and then ship to my NY offices. Obviously the address on my paypal account is my UK home one.
  7. N

USB or RAID 1 SSD for ESXi homelab

Cool, thanks guys I'll stick with the ish route then
  8. N

USB or RAID 1 SSD for ESXi homelab

Hey guys, What would you advise for the installation of Esxi? I can source some 275gb mx300 pretty cheap atm. Nothing fancy as it's for a home lab. Option 1) 2xssd in raid 1+ database drive Option 2) usb stick on internal header + datastore drive I was thinking if I go usb, once I have my...
  9. N

All in One Build

Cool thanks for that Patrick. Been doing some further reading and looks like I am going to opt for xpenology. The freenas / zfs stuff is really going over my head...
  10. N

EU Supermicro X9SRI-F

Nice tip, found some on ebay Germany cheap and I also have a team member based in hamburg so I can save some cash on delivery that way!
  11. N

All in One Build

Build’s Name: Unnamed as of yet. Operating System/ Storage Platform: ESXi / Undecided on Storage build CPU: E5-26xx of some flavour, cheaper the better (not bought yet) Motherboard: X9Sri-F (Bought) Chassis: Generic OEM (Rackmountable Tower Server/Pedestal (inc VAT) | eBay...
  12. N

EU Supermicro X9SRI-F

The i/o shield point is fair. When you say limited, may I ask what you mean? Appears to have plenty of SATA slots, takes S2011 V1/V2 and a fair amount of slots for DDR3 RDIMMS? I suppose it depends on your use case. I have a post coming later in the DIY Server / Workstation, but I am...
  13. N

EU Supermicro X9SRI-F

Do'h well its been ordered now.. Do you know what happened to yours?
  14. N

EU Supermicro X9SRI-F

My first bargain post so please be gentle on me. Carte mère serveur Supermicro X9SRI-F LGA2011 pour cpu E5-26xx/16xxv1 / v2 | eBay I just purchased and the seller accepted 165 Euro's delivered to the UK. I have been searching for a while and found that on this side of the pond we dont get...
  15. N

DDR3 16GB 2Rx4 PC3L 10600R + others

Hey Evan, Weird request, feel free to say no. I am based in the UK, but I have an office in the US. Would you: 1) Be willing to sell just 4 of the memory modules (not fussed which just need them to work). 2) Accept payment from me via paypal (which is my uk paypal) but ship them to my office...