Recent content by nikalai

1. N

Lenovo 03X3834 LSI 6Gbps 16 Port PCI-E SAS Expander Card $13.88

@ealvar Did you update the firmware on it?
  2. N

EU Amazon FR: WD My Book Duo 24TB €510

On February 20 i bought WD Book 14 TB for £199.31. So it can be better. :)
  3. N

HP H240 (SAS3 HBA) 30 GBP from EU seller / 34 USD from US seller

Bargain Hardware (UK) has a great and the same price for H240. I bought one last year. From what i know, HBA mode is not configured by default and i don't have HP servers, just Supermicro ones. So i couldn't flash / configure the card unfortunatelly. Great guys on Bargain Hardware. :) I bought...
  4. N

Plex Pass Lifetime May the Fourth 24h Sale [Normally $120]

It depends on how many trancodes you need. You can go with Quadro p400 / p600 / P2000 etc.
  5. N

Dell HBA330 cable

Do you mean something like RaidStorage SA-F43S7PS-1M-N2 SFF-8643 Mini-SAS To SATA x4 12Gb/s RAID Cable 1m | eBay ?
  6. N

Case for Supermicro X9DRi -LN4F

Hi, Take a look at Fractal Design 7 XL.
  7. N

Cheap Pfsense conversion

Trust me when i am saying that it's harder to find T620 / T730 (or used enteprice parts) at decent prices in Europe. :) This from last winter and it was BO. :) Try to buy to from sellers that are using to sell components pulled from servers. Intel Pro 100 is to old and the power draw is...
  8. N

Cheap Pfsense conversion

Hello, You need a low profile bracket network card. Look for an Intel OEM equivalent (i340 / i350). Please be very careful and avoid fake ones. click
  9. N

WD Red & avoiding the SMR pitfall

Also there are some rumors that N300 are HGST rebranded drives. I bought WD Book 14TB when it was on sales on Amazon UK and i was thinking to return it when i heard regarding SMR thing but it seems to be ok...
  10. N

Intel S4510 DC for SLOG

Thank you very much for your replies. I am work now. Please excuse me for not providing all details. Soon i will update informations regarding my configuration and my plans. :)
  11. N

Intel S4510 DC for SLOG

Hello, I was thinking to buy an Intel 900p 280GB for SLOG and i know that this si the real deal but for the moment i received for free 2 x Intel S4510 DC Series 240GB SATA-III SSD. Has anyone tested this model for Freenas slog? Thank you in advance. Regards!
  12. N

Seagate STEL8000100 shucked?

I recommend you to go with WD instead Seagate Backup Plus. You will find SMR drives if you shuck them. I have two of them in a pool...
  13. N

NAS and Plex server build help

Freenas doesn't suport hardware transcoding for the moment. It's working only on Windows and Linux (with modded Nvidia drivers ofcourse). Other users are using Intel CPU's (in separate machines) with Quick Sync support for transcodes. It is better to use Direct Play if you have capable devices.
  14. N

Non-raid controller for esxi

Bargain Hardware UK Dell PERC H310 12G - FH PCIe-x8 RAID Controller They are good guys, i bought several items from them.
  15. N

Non-raid controller for esxi

It is possible to receive a fake card if you order from China. I wouldn't take any risk