Recent content by nicklebon

1. N

Ultimate Home Data Center

Unfortunately they bring the ideas that ruined CA with them. :(
  2. N

$199(US) - Chenbro NR40700 4U 48-Bay Storage Chassis w/Rails & PSupplies

No story really. My in laws live in Poland. Some years back my FIL needed a small tractor as his was on its last legs so we bought him one here had it delivered to Polamer and they shipped to him there. Didn't even cost that much if I recall. Cake. We use them for shipping almost anything...
  3. N

$199(US) - Chenbro NR40700 4U 48-Bay Storage Chassis w/Rails & PSupplies

you should have no issues with them. I've shipped many things to Poland, including a lawn tractor, through these guys and never had a hiccup.
  4. N

eBay - Intel Xeon E5-2680V4 - $168

I made an offer for 2x at 160 and was rejected. Seller countered at 164.
  5. N

eBay - Intel Xeon E5-2680V4 - $168

Exactly how much of a performance boost could one expect for a VMware host going from a pair of ES v3 with 14 cores @2200Mhz to this? Several of the VMs are storage related. Further, this storage is visualized on the host via a NappIt. I believe the posted interrupts would help in this area.
  6. N

KVM advice

This has been my issue. Most of what I've found I have no experience with and recalling the issues I had before settling on this black box model I was hoping to avoid a repeat of the buy/test/send back cycle. Thanks anyway though.
  7. N

KVM advice

60Hz. Please note I'm interested in personal use subjective opinion ie I have this one and its very slowing slow when switching between machines or hotkey combo is odd and cannot be changed. That sort of thing. FWIW I'm currently using a very old black black ServSwtich. It has lots of issues due...
  8. N

KVM advice

The 4k monitor discussion in the deals forum has brought this back around for me. I need a new KVM that can handle 4K. I would prefer a a dual headed model. I need to control at least 4 devices but would consider a larger unit if the price was right. I prefer HDMI over DP. If it matters this is...
  9. N

ESXi 6.5 nfs dedicated vswitch

I went back and deleted vmk1 and then created a new one using the default stack. It now works. I don't think this is a long term solution but it does show that something was awry with the custom stack. For the moment it works well enough for testing. I'll look more into it during the upcoming week.
  10. N

ESXi 6.5 nfs dedicated vswitch

Cross posting here and hardocp. Hopefully someone can point where I am screwing this up as I have no doubt that is the case. I am trying to set up a dedicated switch for NFS traffic on an AOI server using Napp-it. I have the vswitch and port groups setup. I have a single nic from the napp-it vm...
  11. N

FS: [Brand new] Samsung 16G DDR4 2666 Dram+ Genuine CPU-Intel Xeon Platinum 8164 Processor

Anyone have any experience with these HMA42GR7MFR4N-TFTD -AB dimms, especially in a Supermicro X10DRH-ILN4 motherboard? I am especially concerned as these look very tall and in the SM 836 case there is not a huge amount of room above the DIMM sockets and the rear fans. OP could you post the...
  12. N

AIO ESXi/Napp-it advice requested

Wasn't a shred of paper in my box. Most box openings I could find showed the green sheet and the quick start guide. Pretty sure there should have the quick install guide. I got it done but was a pita walking from bench to the desk to refer the the version on my screen. I should note that...
  13. N

AIO ESXi/Napp-it advice requested

After a lengthy delay due to backorder the Supermicro X10DRG-ILN4 arrived today. Is it normal for SM boards to have zero documentation included not even an optical disc with the docs. I literally received a box with a motherboard, i/o shield and 6x sata cables nothing more. Please note this is...
  14. N

Live image SAS HDD testing

I've run into an issue. I just purchased a few SAS drives and need to test them. The problem is the box they need to go into is currently booting from an LSI raid controller. I have an LSI controller in IT mode I connect to the SAS expander for testing but not boot my raid drive. I tried using...