Recent content by NEO Dan

1. N

Can you recommend a utility to test new drives?

I'd like to validate/torture test some new WD80EFAX drives before I migrate my data, what do you recommend?
  2. N

WD 8TB external @ BB for $160

I went back to get more today and the stack of drives was gone, so I asked them to grab some from the back and today there is DCM: MGBJRCJ Any reason these are not keepers?
  3. N

WD 8TB external @ BB for $160

Thanks for posting this deal. :) This is what my local BB has in stock:
  4. N

Trunking between two HP ProCurve 1810G-24 v2 switches

I also have some 1800 series switches and I am unaware of any such feature, so I am curious. Is this a special switch to switch feature?
  5. N

I thought LACP was only good for redundancy?
  6. N

What is the reason for the trunk? If you have a flaky switch HP should warranty it.
  7. N

HP DL320s ZFS PLEX server

Hi Patrick, When things go bad IO drops to ~ 20-30 M/s and the system acts like it's having a stroke. I couldn't imagine using it as a primary data storage and backup box in that state. Long story short: don't outrun the cache and life is good... That is if you can stand the fan noise, it's...
  8. N

Time for a small update... I've now put >1000 movies in the pool and I've learnt an incredibly important lesson... DO NOT try to write multiple files simultaneously, you will pay for that in array performance. I spent the better part of a week doing batch copies out and back in to clean up...
  9. N

You can mount SSD's in these trays quite easily, one little snip and you are good to go... :o
  10. N

Um... What's MWR?
  11. N

Time for an update... The 5 disk RAIDZ scrubs at 230 megs/s and it has no problems serving Blu-rays simultaneously to multiple PLEX clients, including a transcode for an iPod touch 4g. :)
  12. N

Hi Zuhkov, It's going albet slowly... Thanks for voicing interest. :) Interesting setup you have going there, what hardware do you run on? I won't be fully up and running till next week, but today I did receive one of the SAS cables and so I was able to install the M1015 card. The M1015 was...
  13. N

I am waiting on some SAS cables for the new M1015 controller. In the meantime I have made a test install of Ubuntu 10.04.4 Server 64bit. UPDATE the FW on the box, BIOS, P800 RAID card, iLO 2 - it is available in one bootable package, just burn and boot the DVD. I used the...
  14. N

WTS: 5x WD RED 3TB drives

Hellooo... Your in Auckland, New Zealand, I'm sorry but you are pretty much screwed on shipping. Anywhere in the US is <$27 for the lot UPS Ground, or up to three drives fit in the Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate box.
  15. N

WTS: 5x WD RED 3TB drives

Thanks for the offer, but I'm sorry I can't take that big a hit. IMO $125 is a solid deal.