Recent content by Navvie

1. N

UK FS : Supermicro frankenstein / unicorn machines to make space

Just been to collect and tjsgifan and the guys there are really helpful and really friendly. It's a real alladin's cave of Supermicro cases, motherboards, HBAs... could easily spend a small fortune. Good job I didn't go the day after pay day or take a work van, who knows how much I'd have left...
  2. N

EU FS: Spring cleaning of my home data center and tech pile

Then I'll take it. PM on the way. Edit: Apologies. This motherboard is today listen on Amazon.co.uk for £489.99, which is approx €570. I will withdraw my offer.
  3. N

Hi, sorry for late reply. If that's one you're holding for me, can I collect next week?
  4. N

EU FS: Spring cleaning of my home data center and tech pile

I'm interested in the TRX50 Aero D. Is there any information on the different revisions, 1.0, 1.1, 1.2? I think 1.0 has an S3 sleep bug and 1.2 changes the design of the pci-e 4.0 16x slot but other than that...
  5. N

Just so we're clear. £75.00 for an empty 4U 24 bay chasses. 12G backplane. Drive caddies. Dual PSU. £30.00 if I want the 2U rail kit. I am happy to collect.
  6. N

So the 4U 24 bay Supermicro JBODs are as photo? No PSU, no caddies? Edit: I can collect, no problem.
  7. N

I'm interested in one of these. Takes any ATX motherboard? Rack rails included? Caddies for drives included? How much? I'm in Southampton, could collect Monday to Friday. RG24 8NE, what's that, just around the corner from Travis Perkins?
  8. N

UK For Sale MD70-HB0, 2 E5-2630Lv4, 128GB RAM

It's just the angle of the photo, it's a motherboard header. Look at photo 9.
  9. N

Can a desktop computer's power supply last over a decade?

The Corsair HX620 I bought in 2008 to go in a Antec P180 is still running my second PC, in that case.
  10. N

EU [FS] Xeon E5 v3, NVME controller

I'm happy with the price. I could only find U.2 drives cheaper on ebay, not AICs. Perhaps my ebay-fu is lacking. I've bought from Bjorn before and I'd rather trade with him again than buy from a new China based seller on ebay.
  11. N

EU [FS] Xeon E5 v3, NVME controller

I'll take the Optane 900P for asking price. DM inbound.
  12. N

EU [EU-GER] FS: 19x NEW SSD Samsung PM9A3 3.84TB M.2 PCIe 4.0 x4 — PLP — Endurance ~7 PBW // Shipping worldwide

I assume that is something the seller found out about before taking out the insurance. Or does the insurance only cover items being lost?
  13. N

EU [EU-GER] FS: 19x NEW SSD Samsung PM9A3 3.84TB M.2 PCIe 4.0 x4 — PLP — Endurance ~7 PBW // Shipping worldwide

The seller paid for postage/courier insurance. The seller says the drive was working when it was sent, the buyer says it didn't when it arrived. The buyer has returned the drive to the seller. It's now for the seller to refund the buyer and claim on the insurance. Edit: FWIW, I agree about the...
  14. N

UK [FS] Bob's workshop tidy up

I hope so. Bob and I are in discussion over it, I'm waiting for a message back from him.