Recent content by nas4n00b

1. N

supermicro X10SL7-F vs X10SLH-F

I just followed this guide http://www.napp-it.org/doc/manuals/flash_x9srh-7tf_it.pdf No software needed. Just load the firmware onto usb and center the LSI configuration screen. At boot up, there will be a prompt that will tell you what to press to enter.
  2. N

Help with server build

I tried with FreeNAS 9.1 and it booted into freenas fine. I tried using a ubuntu live cd but boot into the installer. Tried both regular and uefi.
  3. N

It was very easy to flash the lsi controller to IT mode.
  4. N

Help with server build

Hi, I am currently in process of building a server. SPECS: - Supermicro x10sl7-f (lsi 2308 flashed to IT mode) - Intel Intel Xeon E3-1230V3 Haswell 3.3GHz LGA 1150 80W Quad-Core Server Processor - 32 GB of Kingston ValueRAM 16GB Kit (2x8GB Modules) 1333MHz DDR3 PC3-10666 ECC CL9 DIMM...
  5. N

I received the X10-SL7 board and should be attempting to flash to IT mode tonight.
  6. N

@Patrick Thanks for correcting me. @Kells, What made you choose ZFS on Linux over something like Freenas?
  7. N

I am also hoping someone can confirm because i make the purchase =/
  8. N

Flashing the LSI2308 on an X9SRH-7F to IT mode?

Does anyone know if these instructions work for Supermicro X10SL7-F?
  9. N

Yes! i am found out about the IR firmware. I emailed supermicro about how or if i can change it to IT mode. Been googling to see if it is possible to flash an onboard LSI chipset. Most of what i see is flashing dedicated lsi cards.
  10. N

I am currently putting together specs for building a nas server based on centos and ZFSonLinux. I have narrowed my motherboard choices down to these two Supermicro motherboards. X10SL7-F Two SATA3, Four SATA2 ports Intel chipset Six SAS ports through LSI2308 chipset. X10SLH-F Six SATA3...