Recent content by narapon

1. N

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I've got an ICX6450-48P that suddenly refuses to turn on (I found it was in an off state this morning when wifi went down), i've only had it installed 1 day prior and power is from a delta UPS (other equipment attached not affected). Now when I try to turn it on, I can hear the distinct click...
  2. N

turns out dust was the culprit! after blowing out the dust, it worked again!
  3. N

There is no hint of any physical damage on console or management ports, the console cable I used is known to be good and it works with the my ICX7150-C12P that I also have. I've also opened up the switch to visually check the console port area, nothing seems off or dusty A bit lost at what to...
  4. N

Just got a ICX6450-48P that powers on but I can't get anything from either the console port or the management port. I've used the same RS232 USB RJ45 that works on my ICX7150-C12P Is there any possibility that the console port or the management port gets disabled? If so how do I reset it or...
  5. N

Has anyone managed to 3d-print the rack ears for the ICX7150-C12P? Would be great to have the blueprints for those.
  6. N

Quanta LB6M (10GbE) -- Discussion

If I measured it correctly, the chipset heatsink has 5.5cm by 5.5cm mounting hole distance center to center, would a xeon-d heatsink fit?
  7. N

HP ML350P Gen8 Fan replacement

i was thinking of a DIY adapter approach to be less destructive with the FAN cables. also, those stock fans eat quite the bit of power, pretty sure you can lower the power consumption from replacing the 4 fans alone
  8. N

pictures 10,11,12 and 14 seem to show a different HP server, not a HP ML350p Gen8 which looks like this: the heatsink issue is the same though and if i wanna mount noctuas i'll have to remove the retention brackets too i like the fan mod, idea though, not sure how im going to do that here
  9. N

Quanta LB6M (10GbE) -- Discussion

Currently looking around for a good heatsink candidate for cooling the Broadcom chip. First gotta figure a way to mount something like an Thermalright AXP-200 on it.. does anyone know what kind of threading are the 4 screw mounts around the chip?
  10. N

looking forward to it :D I've got mine sitting at the bottom of the rack turned off because of the noise. I do have the original heatsinks though.... maybe swapping out the 4 fans would not push enough air for proper cooling using them
  11. N

How did you remove the retention bracket on the CPU socket? Some pictures would be great :)
  12. N

Chenbro rails for RM235 Series

I would hope so too, it' would increase the chances of finding a compatible rail kit, do you happen to have a picture of the rails or side of the case?
  13. N

WTB - Rack Ears for Quanta LB4M/LB6M

Looking for the following Rack Ears for Quanta LB4M/LB6M 2U Socket 2011 narrow ILM heatsinks
  14. N

Chenbro rails for RM235 Series

Looking for 84H311610-082 for this: Chenbro - Products