Recent content by namike

1. N

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

It looks like you are missing the gateway for your sub-interface? This is my working config on my M90q with Proxmox. root@pve1:~# cat /etc/network/interfaces auto lo iface lo inet loopback iface eno2 inet manual auto vmbr0 iface vmbr0 inet manual bridge-ports eno2 bridge-stp...
  2. N

Thanks zer0sum! That is the exact memory I have coming tomorrow from Amazon....I'll confirm on my gen1 box if it works, as I suspect it will.
  3. N

Did you figure out what was keeping your 2x32GB sticks to work? I just bought a M90q and ordered 2x32GB 3200mhz DDR4 SO-DIMMs (TEAMGROUP T-CREATE) from Amazon. Mine refuses to boot with both 32GB sticks in. Either 32GB stick in DIMM1 by itself boots fine. Either 32GB in DIMM1 + stock 8GB...
  4. N

FS: Intel E5-2648Lv3 12c/24t

Tossed a E5-2678v3 in my home server and no longer need this processor. Processor has been running great for me for my home lab for many years now. 12c/24t 1.8 base 2.5 turbo Picture Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2648L v3 (30M Cache, 1.80 GHz) Product Specifications $65 shipped in the US...
  5. N

vSphere 7.0 and 10Gbe

USPS finally showed up this afternoon (Monday). Pop'd the card in my Win10 workstation and updated the FW. Shutdown my ESXi box and loaded ESXi 7 to a new thumbdrive. The ConnectX-3 is being detected right out of the box.
  6. N

vSphere 7.0 and 10Gbe

I'm going to be testing later today, waiting on USPS to show up with my card. Edit: Actually tomorrow now as USPS tagged on another day.
  7. N

vSphere 7.0 and 10Gbe

I just bought one to give it a try. I'll post my results once I get it in the mail.
  8. N

vSphere 7.0 and 10Gbe

I can confirm I cannot get my Mellanox ConnectX-2 to work in vSphere 7.0 PN: MNPA19-XTR Device ID: 26448 FW Ver: 2.9.1200 Looks like I'm on the hunt for a ConnectX-3 for 10Gb via DAC?
  9. N

Dedicated pfSense/firewall hardware solution for mid/late 2018?

@nthu9280 I actually remember reading a little bit on those threads about those boxes. Cool idea. The only thing I might get stuck with is the built in realtek NIC for the WAN side of pfsense, unless I threw a 2-4 port copper card in the PCIe slot and didn't worry about uplinking back via...
  10. N

Dedicated pfSense/firewall hardware solution for mid/late 2018?

What is everyone using for dedicated firewall solution these days? I was previously using a Zotac CI323 running ESXi with a pfSense VM on it until lightening from the tropical storm took out both my cable modem and the interface I was using for my WAN port in one shot. While I liked the ESXi...
  11. N

Vlan default gateway setup / vMotion

You most definitely should be able to setup a L2 only (non-routed) vMotion VLAN between your two hosts located on different switches. Running them L3 to your Sophos box just complicates things further, and depending on your uplinks/switch speed, could slow things down.
  12. N

Windows licenses from Ebay

I bought a Windows 10 Pro key for my new Asrock Deskmini PC and it was delivered within minutes. I went into a fresh Win 10 Pro install and hit change key with the key provided and it activated without issue. GENUINE WINDOWS 10 PRO 32 / 64BIT OEM ORIGINAL LICENSE KEY- SCRAP PC | eBay A...
  13. N

Firewall Selection 2G WAN (40G/10G/1G LAN)

How is the provider handing off the circuit to you? Are they providing you with your own CPE equipment? Since 2G speed is not super wide spread, I would assume they will giving you some type of router/FW to terminate the circuit into?
  14. N

OpenVPN for Windows to pfSense - route addition failed using CreateIpForwardEntry

Sat Mar 25 07:07:49 2017 Warning: address 192.168.1.1 is not a network address in relation to netmask 255.255.252.0 Your mask (/22) does not match the given network (192.168.1.1). Given that netmask, your network would be 192.168.0.0/22 with a range of 192.168.0.0-192.168.3.254. I assume a...
  15. N

Movin' on up...to 40GbE

Juniper will throw an alarm if the out of band management interface is not cabled. root> show chassis alarms 1 alarms currently active Alarm time Class Description 2016-01-20 07:17:13 UTC Major Management Ethernet Link Down {master:0}