Recent content by Naeblis

1. Naeblis

APC RACKS (CA bay area only)

Thanks!! Both. It has mounting for 6 bikes or fits almost any car. And red and black (as is most anything I pay for )
  2. Naeblis

New spam comment countermeasures - would like feedback

2nd. Well known sites like eBay /Amazon ( computer categories only) / blogs ( harder) / technet microsoft
  3. Naeblis

APC RACKS (CA bay area only)

I live in Folsom. And I have a 24 foot trailer. So I could go get a few for forum members and keep them around for a week or two. $ 400 does seem a bit high
  4. Naeblis

F2uSoe: 9 disk NVMe results 19GB/S - IOPS --- 1.5mil (only)

There are see real in these threads Search Results for Query: F2uSoe | ServeTheHome and ServeThe.Biz Forums
  5. Naeblis

NVMe: 2.5" SFF drives working in a normal desktop

if you get 1 more supermicro card i have a cage that will support 4 2.5" hot swap drives. see forsale section
  6. Naeblis

FS: 4 NVMe Drive cage, cables w/ or w/o 1 SuperMacro Card

you have 3 PDUs maybe we can work something out;)
  7. Naeblis

Here are some pics and background. I did this to find a way to get around the lack of the official cables to be used with the hyperkits and SuperMicro Cards. Right now i only have 3 drive cages and 1 SuperMicro Card. Back plane. The cable connectors highlighted in yellow are not needed or...
  8. Naeblis

I am selling a 2U Intel 8 x 2.5 Drive cage that has support for 4x 2.5 NVMe drives. You can get it with 1 SuperMicro Card (all i have) for $525 or w/o the card for $350. 4 cables to connect to the NVMe port on the other end are included. Examples of the cards that i have tested and work with...
  9. Naeblis

NVMe: 2.5" SFF drives working in a normal desktop

i have purchased 2 cables that look like that one and they have not worked. Get the funtin adapter, an Intel NVMe Cable. or i have a 2u backplane and cage that you could put 4 drives in (1 with hyper kit 2 with supermacro card) for $350 w/ cables)
  10. Naeblis

Maximum Distance Between Workstation and RAID Server

Oh. Well that makes a difference. Well if 2tb is enough for the temp usage then 1 nvme drive. 2k is much cheaper than 24 drive + enclosure and cables.
  11. Naeblis

Agreed. Neither are 24 SATA drives capable of getting 24GB/s.
  12. Naeblis

Ok I just saw you wanted 24GB/s. So. A forget expanders. And you are looking at very expensive sas drives. I am not sure on price. For $12-15k you could get a server set up like in my F2uSoe posts 2 Mellanox cards (150 each on eBay). The. 2 more cards on you workstation and use 4 active...
  13. Naeblis

Ummmmmm. Why???? Just buy nvme drives and be done with it. More IOPS. Less hassle. Let me explain why 1st expanders kill IOPS. 10-35%. And with one raid card you will max out at about 6GB a second no matter how many dives you have 2nd ok so now no expanders next problem. you will need...
  14. Naeblis

F2uSoe: 9 disk NVMe results 19GB/S - IOPS --- 1.5mil (only)

just went back and looked at the total CPU%. for some reason the M drive gives better sqeuentials. I have to ask Alex what the difference is. perfmon sure does not show 25%. set scale to 30 max to better see the numbers...