Recent content by naclosagc

1. N

HP Gen8 Server - will HP branded consumer SSDs work in the bays

So, that is why I created this thread in the first place. My Seagate 4TB 2.5" drives were being continuously failed out. Most of them were good. I tested on another server. I put 9 HP SSD's in there, in the 2.5" bays in the server, and have had no problems with those. They make a fine L2ARC...
  2. N

Thanks for the info. I was almost sure it was the smart carriers/backplane. I have an external disk drawer now, so I will use that rather than ship it back.
  3. N

Thanks for the info. I researched this thing for a while, and never came across the smart carrier thing. I don't need server class. I would use it for a ZFS pool for MySQL for home use.
  4. N

P.S. I have tested the failed drives in another system, and they all check out. That's why I think the problem is the smart carriers/HP P420i.
  5. N

Hi. I bought a 25-bay HP DL380P G8 for my home server. I did not do enough research, and found that the non-HP drives were being failed out continuously. So fast, maybe 4 a day, that I finally lost my pool. I am taking care of that problem with an external drawer and an LSI HBA. The...
  6. N

The Dell PowerEdge C6220 Thread

Hi. Idon't have one of these yet, but was wondering something. Can you fit a mezzanine card, and LSI card, and another card in the 1U sled? I see there are ports on the mezzanine side, and there are two PCI slots on the other side, but Iwasn't sure both PCI slots were usable if an LSI card...
  7. N

I was wondering if anyone tried putting an SSD inside the sled, attached to one of the SATA ports on the board, and powered by the USB2.0 port on the board? I would like to try fitting one in to give me 1 extra drive per storage pool, but was wondering about heat. I could put it on plastic...
  8. N

I have a question about the dynamic disk bay reallocation on the C6220 II. I found the Powerpoint prestentation packaged with the software. It shows reseting back to a 4 node, 6 drive system, and it shows setting up a 2 node 12 drive system. Is it possible to set up 4 nodes with different...