Recent content by NaCl

1. N

Gigabyte MZ72-HB0 rev. 4.0

Thanks. Is there anything 'McSpecial/secret' wrt to getting this board to do anything beyond a green blinking BMC led? I have QVL cpus and RAM in the board, shorting pin 11 (power switch) to pin 13 (GND) on the FP1 header does nothing. The cpu fans don't spin, absolutely zero evidence of...
  2. N

Gigabyte MZ72-HB0 rev. 4.0

Ebay appears to have a good supply of rev 1 and some rev 3 boards. The price delta between them is vast. Is there any material reasoning/difference that I should pay the uplift (~50-100%) for a rev 3 board or rev 1 will be perfectly fine? Especially any issues with memory; initial population...
  3. N

Anyone tried the Emulex OneConnect 14000 series?

I picked up a couple Emulex OCE14102-UX-D and some Dell 10G fiber transceivers. I guess it was _only_ a wasted $100ish. <sigh> I don't understand why this is such a difficult thing. I just want a verified model card that does duty as a hardware iscsi initiator. Even the seller had nf clue. :/...
  4. N

Do you have a model for a standard pci-e variant of the Dell card, (non mez)? And associated transceiver? I'm not married to any specific card per se. I just need something that allows for iscsi initiator config because it seems MS have elected to not have initiator support w/in Win11 Pro...
  5. N

Apologies for the exhumation here, but this very thing has come up for me as well. I still can't find out much about them, esp NX vs UX other than I typically see the NX for $1K USD _less_. This leads me to believe it may be hobbled in some way. I am particularly wanting to use these for...
  6. N

Anyone familiar w/Dell PowerVault MD3060E?

Greetings, I've just acquired one of these and I'm having an odd issue but I don't have, nor can I find, any examples/comparables to determine if all is behaving as it should (even though it's weird) or if this is truly an issue. In the latter case, I can just send it back. (ebay) In any...
  7. N

NetApp DE6600 disk shelf as regular JBOD?

Pardon the exhumation of this thread here, but I have been searching for an answer to this as well. Can a stock DE6600 be hooked up w/its IOMs (sff8644/sff8088 ports) to a typical lsi/avago/broadcom 9305-16e (for instance) and the HBA will see all 60 disks in a fully populated shelf? If new...
  8. N

Netapp DS4243 Disk Array Shelf @ $90 shipped

Uncertain what your bar for 'not easy' wrt locating is, but I consider its presence on Amazon to be pretty easy to find. I use these -> (Mini SAS HD 8644) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MCYWM98 (MiniSAS 8088)https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AAHQJB2 w/out issue. They are pretty proud...
  9. N

Intel NVMe/SAS3 2U Disk Enclosure w/ Oculink interface + SuperMicro AOC-SLG3-4E2P

The compatibility announcement they have there is per what I was just talking about. That _is_ the sff-9402 spec. I'd dare to assert that my inquiry probably helped push them into making that. The Broadcom 9405W-16 is a tri-mode hba; not raid. Whether or not the Intel board is expecting the...
  10. N

Intel NVMe/SAS3 2U Disk Enclosure w/ Oculink interface + SuperMicro AOC-SLG3-4E2P

Correct. Support got back to me that the IceDock uses legacy wiring, but I don't know that that is the reason the AIC AXXP3SWX08080 did not work w/it. I was originally trying to get the IcyDock to work w/a 9405W-16 and, after a bit of research found sff-9402 to be the requisite spec. Their...
  11. N

Greetings! Pardon my tardiness/dereliction in a timely response. Yes. I only have the one sff8611 -> sff8639 cable so couldn't load up the first pcie switch. I have not. I've periodically checked, but all I've been able to find are sff8611 -> sff8611 w/various combinations of 'right...
  12. N

I made an imgur account. Here're the images -> The 'Franken_Beast' Simple bonnie++ run so I could see it do _something_: # bonnie++ -d /mnt/franken_pool -s 16G -n 0 -m TEST -f -b -u root...
  13. N

You definitely want these: Either of those x16 extender/'riser' cables work. Confirmed that this works. I wanted to upload a file but the forum 'upload' feature just keeps telling me an error occurred but doesn't state the nature of the error.
  14. N

Greetings, In the end the only thing I was able to get working was: 0) The Intel plx card. 1) The associated cable kit (Google Express) 2) The associated enclosure (https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Corp-A2u8x25s3phs-Hot-swap-8x2-5inch/dp/B076PMCX8W) w/2 they claim to be 8611 straight-through type...
  15. N

Desperate search for Arista EOS firmware

Where did you get it? I've been looking for it as mine came w/4.10.5.