Recent content by N1h1l1ty

1. N

Canada [WTB] Lenovo m720q / m920q

Thanks for the tip but the prices are pretty high - I ended up purchasing one for a reasonable price on ebay. This can be closed
  2. N

Canada [WTB] Lenovo m720q / m920q

Looking for a used m720q / m920q - located in the GTA, Canada. Trying to keep things on a budget, would prefer a barebones unit with i5-8400/8500 and 8GB of memory - have my own SSD to roll if it keeps the cost down. Let me know what you have!
  3. N

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Yeah unfortunately that may just be the case. I'm going to test the 10gbe SFP+ modules tomorrow or the day after since I don't have any additional optics handy to get them under proper load. That being said, if everything else works I'll probably hang on to it and get another one down the line -...
  4. N

Had that same thought actually, will try to do that now - that being said, it gets even *more* bizarre. I swear I am not making this up but in the meantime I've continued to troubleshoot, and I'm now seeing correct throughput across both servers with tagged vlans. Now, it could have been...
  5. N

Yep, as expected, we're right back to this: Parsing Config Data ... ------------------------------------------------------------------ M:9 L:0 - chow_qsfp_read, qsfp 2, error in seting up mux ------------------------------------------------------------------ M:9 L:0 - link_40G_4x10G_get_media...
  6. N

Let me configure tagged again and post that
  7. N

Definitely not an issue of vlan handling on the end devices as I've checked them before with the exact same configuration on my Cisco 3750E with no throughput issues - furthermore I just rechecked the config with ports 1/2/2 through 1/2/5 and 1/2/7 through 1/2/10 untagged on a vlan and had no...
  8. N

Anything else I should try at this point to try and narrow it down? With no VLAN tagging throughput looks normal and im no longer seeing the crazy jitter / packet out of order messages on iperf. EDIT: Yep final confirmation here - looks like if the ports are used as access ports, everything...
  9. N

@fohdeesha - OK I've managed to recreate the error again - Initially I thought it might be related to aaa authentication settings but it seems that its VLAN related - when I have ports 1/2/7 and 1/2/2 assigned to any vlans, be they tagged or untagged, the error crops up again
  10. N

I've removed the stack units in the config, booted it (with the old DAC cables that I initially thought were the root cause) and it has not thrown any error: Very odd indeed. I can't think of anything that I had done that would have thrown those errors in the first place... Now to test out if...
  11. N

So reporting in - I've got another QSFP cable from Amazon, this time Cisco, and its throwing the same error. So it does not look like the cables are the cause of the issue - Any ideas what I could try? Possibly re-flashing firmware? EDIT: Re-flashed firmware, have not removed the stack units...
  12. N

Unfortunately I don't have another QSFP breakout to test out but if it proves a problem I may pick up one up to test out. Front panel SFP+ ports seem to be fine with Cisco branded optics however. EDIT: I suppose I should try cold booting the switch and see what happens - Let me do that and...
  13. N

So definitely does not like hotplugging - getting nothing after replugging the DAC on the client end - same error upon reloading the switch EDIT: Tinkered further, and after another reload its now playing nice with hotplugging on the client end. Not *exactly* sure what the deal is - I did have...
  14. N

Yep, on ver 08.0.30 straight from the docs page - looking up the serial for these QSFP breakouts, looks like its this guy here: 5 Meter QSFP+ 4-SFP+ DAC Splitter Cable They seem to be running nicely now, I managed to get connectivity to the switch, but I'll need to test it hotplugging
  15. N

I'm assuming M:9 L:0 - chow_qsfp_read, qsfp 2, error in seting up mux ------------------------------------------------------------------ M:9 L:0 - link_40G_4x10G_get_media: qsfp 2, port 1/2/2 error in reading qsfp chow_40G_4x10G_get_media: error in reading qsfp 1/2/2...