Recent content by N0_Klu3

1. N

Best NAS software to use for my use case

I mean if on unRAID it could pool even just 2 drives together that would make a big difference as files get bigger too. But as it stands I need to look elsewhere. Thinking OMV with ZFS support
  2. N

I'm using WD Red's. Like I say running 1x 4k off 1 drive works and works mostly fine. But now and then if I'm doing something else it might get micro blips, im not talking about not playing or anything like that. Just trying to avoid that and use ZFS as a great filesystem.
  3. N

For a modern 7200 RPM drive it ranges from about 80-160 MB/s. I use 5400 RPM drives, and I dont know where you get your 1/10th a drives perf from, but I think you have some magical spinning RUST drives if that is the case... You have a unicorn so what works for you sure.
  4. N

With RaidZ one each vdev? Or RaidZ2 too? Feels like that will be a waste of drives. Was thinking 9 drive RaidZ2 for 2 reasons: 1) Least amount of wastage unless using 3x vdev or RaidZ (kinda liked the 2 drive failure per vdev as when doing a resilver I can afford to lose another drive) 2) When...
  5. N

I've seen some spikes of up to 115mb/s which is fine for 1 drive, but what if I was pulling other data from the same drive while the family is watching Plex? Or I'm working on something at the same time. Quickly run into issues with single drive use. I dont see this often but have seen it.
  6. N

Umm thats a good piece of info about failing drives passed through. Thanks for that.
  7. N

Hi all, So start off with my hardware: Dual Xeon 32 Core 2.1ghz, 128gb RAM, Dual 10gbe, Quadro P2000 (Plex/Emby Transcoding) Storage I was thinking of going with: 2x 250gb SSD 2x 128gb SSD Boot Mirror 2x 1tb SSD Docker containers and downloads 18x 8tb HDD's Storage (If I go ZFS, thinking 2...