Recent content by Mydst

1. M

Firefox is chewing through your NAND

Hmmm...I did what you said and got the correct disk tab to show up but it's constantly empty for everything. Maybe it's a limitation of my drive? It's a PNY SSD. If that's the case I guess there's no way to see what is actually happening and if this I/O data is actually writing to my disk. I...
  2. M

I really hope this is the case but I tried to setup Process Explorer like that guide lists but those options don't exist in my version (the newest one). I've attached a screenshot. The disk I/O is the only option. Taskmanager and SSDready were also reporting the I/O bytes written the same way so...
  3. M

So after some more research it looks like Spotify is misbehaving in a way similar to Chrome. Spotify is constantly reading "mercury.db" which appears to be a SQlite table. So there's constant read/writes to this table even when nothing is streaming. The data then appears to be written inside...
  4. M

Spotify is doing nothing at all (that I can see) which is the mystery. It doesn't matter if I set it to cache music (play offline) or if I just stream. It's even worse when I'm actually streaming music. My network shows only about 300MB of usage for Spotify and yet it's writing tens of gigabytes...
  5. M

I've been following this thread with interest and I've found that Chrome is doing the same thing. Leaving Chrome idle it will still write many GBs to the drive. However, I've found a new super offender- Spotify. As I was tracking Chrome's usage on my desktop, Spotify would quickly outpace it...