Recent content by MrRedHat

1. M

A new build with a Supermicro X11SPH-NCTPF, or is there something newer?

Thanks for the tip. I ended up going with that MB & Chassis. I figured the board would be more useful in the future if I change things around years down the road.
  2. M

A new build with a Supermicro X11SPH-NCTPF, or is there something newer?

I haven't built a system in over a decade. My current Xeon server is well over a decade old, so I'm in the market for a new system. I like SuperMicro boards and stopped at their website and get presented with about a zillion options. I narrow down the options to what I'm looking for and come...
  3. M

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I have an LB6M that if flashed to the Brocade firmware awhile back. The switch has been working good for me, but I am looking to “upgrade”. – I’d really like to have activity lights on my switch. :) I have 18 10 SFP+ network devices, so the Brocade ICX6650 seems the most logical choice. I see a...
  4. M

Slow 10Gbe SFP+ on Chelsio T520-SO

@i386 Thanks for the help. I figured out the issue. Stupid me... I had my desktop NIC and my servers on different subnets, so it was routing the packets through my trusted interface on my firewall. Thought I checked it, but I guess I didn't.
  5. M

Yup, it's definitely going through the 10GbE NIC. It's using fiber and I have the onboard completely disconnected. I was just wondering if there's maybe a Windows thing that's keeping it locked at 1Gbit. I don't know what it would be and it can't be the OS, because I even tried Linux and I got...
  6. M

This is the output from workstation. Thread Time(s) Throughput(KB/s) Avg B / Compl ====== ======= ================ ============= 0 10.121 99272.404 65536.000 ##### Totals: ##### Bytes(MEG) realtime(s) Avg Frame Size Throughput(MB/s) ================ ===========...
  7. M

I have a Chelsio T520-SO-CR with 10GbE SFP+. I connect it to a Quanta LB6M with the brocade firmware on it along with 10GbE SFP+ from fs.com in it. I put them in my Dell PowerEdge R710’s and transferring between my R710’s I get 1GB/sec. Pretty cool to see a 60GB file transfer in 60 seconds. The...
  8. M

OCZ Vertex 4 - Thoughts?

I have Vertex 2’s, 3’s, and 4’s. The Vertex 2’s I’ve had about two years now and they’re both still going strong. The Vertex 4 is the 512MB model and I put the latest beta firmware on it when I got it. I’ve had it for three weeks now without issues.
  9. M

Bad memory for a X9SCL+-F?

Just for an update in case someone runs across this. I called SuperMicro tech support and asked them what they thought. They insisted that it was a memory issue because I got four beeps when I boot the MB with no memory. I didn’t believe them so I started researching more. Apparently the...
  10. M

Bad memory for a X9SCL+-F?

I have a SuperMicro X9SCL+-F with an Intel I3-1230 v2 CPU and I put in some Kingston memory KVR1333D3E9SK2/16G. When I try booting the machine, I get four beeps in a row and nothing. :( I checked Kingston’s website to make sure I got the right type and it seems to be the right kind, I just...